J3

heywouldya

Very Active Member
My youngest daughter drew the J3 tag on her first year hunting. I've hunted the refuge a couple times back in the 90's, but don't remember too much about the landmarks, roads etc. Any advice on where to spend our time would be appreciated.

heywouldya

I will also be headed to Tehama on this hunt with a friend and his son who has a tag, let me know if you want to compare notes, although to be completely honest we don't have a ton of notes at this point. We are planning on spending all day the Friday before the hunt starts seeing what we can find and possibly even a day trip the weekend before but are not sure if we will be able to pull that off. I know that the area is weather dependent and there is not forecasted to be much between now and then, but I would assume they would start moving in regardless. Let me know if you want to touch base sometime, perhaps the day before the hunt. I don't know if the fires will have any effect but they seem to be south.

If anyone else would like to offer up any advice it would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

newguy,

I'm hoping the cold weather gets them moving off the mountain, and I hear the rut is starting up a bit. Should be a fun hunt!
P.M. me if you want and we can chat before the hunt.

hwy

Anything I have ever heard about the Tehema herd is it's the one herd that migrated weather or not so I wouldn't get to worried about no snow or cold.I saw a ton of bucks online killed in the wildlife area already so they are there.

6x7, I've also seen some pics of good bucks taken in G1. I'm kinda hoping for "nice" weather so my 12 year old daughter can enjoy the hunt. It will be fun either way.
She is the last girl in the house to get a buck, the rest all shot good bucks this year.
It looks like you had a great year as well! Thanks for the input on the J3 hunt.

hwy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom