Jackpot!!!

one_dryboot

Long Time Member
Well I have been on a two year quest to match up this massive shed. Spent a ton of time looking but couldn't turn it up.
36954572011-04-17_16_47_54.jpg

This year I had a feeling of where to look so I gave it a go. A few hours into looking I sat down to rest and glassed the distant hillside and BOOM I see white gold cheaters sticking up. As I walked up to it, I knew I found the other side. BUT.... It didn't seem to carry the mass as the other side. After looking it over it seems it is a different year to this buck. So that only means one thing??? I now have two sets to this buck I need to match. My job just became much more complicated.

398620130318_165003.jpg

313120130318_231438.jpg

660720130318_231330.jpg

Nice job! That buck is a stud. Its hard to realize how massive that brown shed is until you hold it. glad you found another shed to that buck.

Hey boot?

You still mad at me for talkin you out of not Shootin Him?:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

Nice sheds. Those droppers are what I dream of. If I could only see a buck with droppers while hunting. Match em up. Good luck.

He'll go 205-210 the year of the brown shed. The sad part is I probably walked by the other side.
Elkassassaassn, you'd have to beat me over the head to pass this buck up!!!

Well boot!

Remember when I told you not to shoot that one Buck because I said He was a PISSCUTTER?:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

Incredible buck!! They match up pretty well, but the mass is a little off. I hope you find at least one more side to match em up.

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Beauty set!!! Congrats on the sweet finds!!! I'd say they are the same year judging from the pic. I've seen mass vary from side to side before. But if it is from a previous year, it'll give ya more drive to match them both up.

I'ld call it a match unless proven otherwise. But I may choose to do a bit more wandering around the neighborhood!!
The really big bucks are almost never carbon copies but at the same time he did not just "become" 210"... Nor do they fall off the cliff as they get older unless they die. The big ones reach their potential and hang there for a very long time (5+ years) give or take 10". Helluva buck do not "stain" that antler he deserves proper coloring.

Man, that is a close one. I had one similar and thought I had a match, then 2 years later found another off him, that matched up better. Compare the bases and burrs. But keep hitting that area while the grass is knocked down, just incase there is two more waiting for ya. Regardless, those are dandy finds.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom