Jackson HoneyHole Pics

F

freak4antlers

Just a few that we got this year I'll try to get some more uploaded soon

24953389.jpg

Later

Hey that looks like too much fun.Looks like you guys did good,thanks for sharing the pics.

P.S. Can I have the cordinates to the honey hole? :)

Hello, I was wondering how often you come across some of the "poachers" stash. Or do you ever. By the way keep that place a secret, that is a great picture too!

This is a really wild time up to Jackson I had a pretty crash on my pony when he decided he didn't want a sword tine in his flanks!!! I had five tied cross ways on the back of the saddle five in my backpack and three across my lap I knewthis was an accident waitin to happen

This is where we all met up We loaded two pack horses and led them out while the others looked for more.
This is the first year we ever found a stash It had 7 horns in it 2 set and some sides They were wrapped with green tape and stuffed under some sage brush We were worried about bringing em out because afraid they might have chips or bugs in them? The rangers had told us they were watchin a couple of piles

later boneheads

Yep my cousin goes over to Jackson and was telling me the rangers have been putting transmitters in antlers for a couple years to catch the "early crowd". Hey I have a magazine article from the fall 2001 "Wildlife Journal" magazine that is called antlers and outlaws. It is a great article on the "horn poachers" of Jackson. Actually, I'll bet most people in the sheds message board would love to read it. Unfortunatley Wildlife Journal has a bit of the tree hugger slant to it, so you have to deal with that. I can e-mail it to you or anybody if you want. Let me know.
Jeff

I heard from one of the wardens about your spill. Glad to hear everything turned out good. About the horns you found, I overheard some guys talking in the parking lot about finding some horns that morning and leaving them in some brush. I guess they couldn't carry all of them and thought they would be ok where they left them. They said they came back an hour or so later and they were gone. I'm guessing they are the same horns, but you never know. GOOD FIND!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom