Jan 2B Deer hunt

WapitiDave

My wife and brother in law drew the bow hunt next month. We're planning on camping in the lower part of the the unit. From what we've heard most of the deer are lower. Any suggestions for the hunt would be appreciated.

WD

Pack for EXTEMELY cold weather!! When you say low, what area are you thinking? Down by the lake? I have hunted this unit 4 times and 3 since it turned to a draw. It can be very good and very miserbale and sometime at the same time.

Good luck and enjoy.

We definitely are planning on being prepared for the cold. We've hunted it for the rifle hunts before but never for bow. Have heard both good and bad reports. We plan on hunting Bancos canyon and surrounding areas. We will drive and look for sign and that is where we will hunt. We are hoping on seeing lots of deer even if it is just for pictures. Hopefully we'll get lucky. Thanks for responding.

WD

Were are you coming from for the hunt. I also ahve a 2 B tag, but I'm coming from phoenix.

It is not the mud can be horrible, the mud is horrible right now. If you don't have mud tires you will have to have chains unless something changes in the next few weeks. There is a storm coming in this weekend that will add to the misery. The only thing you can hope for is that it stays cold and keeps the mud frozen.

This should be a great year for some big bucks to hit the ground if the snow stays away. They are down and rutting hard.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom