jarbidge area question..

mod700

Hey guys,..my cousin from kentucky and i got some left over archery tags,...never been in the area,..what kind of quality bucks should we expect to see? plan on laying down some boot leather,..and i know its a broad question, but what is a decent bow buck for the area? The kentuckian has never hunted muley's so he's in for a reality check.
Thanks for your time!
Mike

On any given unit in Nv you can shoot a 180 to 200 class buck if you can find em. Area 7 is no different. Good luck!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-12 AT 01:44PM (MST)[p]Assuming it is the early hunt my plan would be just this simple:

1. Hike to high vantage points in the wilderness and glass with good optics.

2. Glass some more with good optics.

3. Keep glassing with good optics until I find a buck I would like to use my tag on.

4. Make a game plan and go after him.

5. If I fail to place my tag on him for whatever reason, repeat steps 1 thru 4.

Do the above and you should see 160 to 180 bucks, and likely better.

Good luck on your hunt!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom