Jarbidge elk hunt

mdbrown

Long Time Member
well, i have a little over a month till we pack into the jarbidge wilderness for my elk hunt, im really looking foreward to it. we went there from idaho, in august to check out the trail heads and to peak into the wilderness , i didnt see any elk though. does anybody have any thoughts or ideas for me. or maybe some elko county bull pictures. Larry

mdbrown, I hunted the North end of the wilderness in 2005 around the Hummingbird Springs and Slide Creek area. I saw lots of 300" class bulls and took about a 310" bull before he broke off part of his antler while rolling down a mountain. It is some great country with plenty of bulls. Later in November some of the elk will migrate from the South to the North and some good bulls can be taken. Earlier in the season you can catch the beginning of the migration in the Southern end of the wilderness area. The area that I hunted in 2005 burned up to the ground last year and that may not be a good place to hunt this year. On the other hand, everybody knows that elk like burn areas due to the new growth and it may be a big attractant for them. I have not heard either way or been there to check things out. Nevertheless, with or without the migration, there are elk throughout the wilderness area. Good luck. I'd like to hear how you do so keep us informed. fatrooster.

I dont have any tips for you seeing as how my buddy That I was supposed to go with gave up his tag I havent been up that way this year but I can say this...thanks for spelling Jarbidge corectly
nvjohn

why would he give up his tag if you dont mind me asking? im just wondering if it has todo with the hunt. Larry

The horn growth in 7 was awsome this year. but you need to invest in a good sleeping bag being that it get really cold that time of year up there.

How did your hunt go. I hunted deer in the Hummingbird Springs area and saw a few elk. Really cool area.

Wish i had caught this thread earlier. There was some great bulls in the Pole creek area.

nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif

well it was a great hunt, everything i expected from a nevada elk hunt. i e-mailed photos to fatrooster hopefully he will post a few for me . i cant get it to work for me. i saw allot of bulls , only 2 that were in the class of the one i shot. should i go into details on the world wide web? maybe if your interested you could pm me , im not sure i want to ruin the odds for anyone that is applying for this hunt. after all in 11 years i can start applying again. HA HA

Larry
Glad you had a great hunt. Tell us the story. The odds are bad enough. I doubt you'll ruin it or cause the odds to increase. Where you able to scout any of the areas we talked about?
Wes

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom