Javelina Hunt with Son

live4muleys

My son finished hunter education last year and we were putting him in for hunts. He tells me "Dad I want to draw out for something." So I told him we would put him in for Javelina and I decided since he was going to put in for Javelina that I would also. It was the only thing that I could pretty much guarantee he would draw and he drew out, so I was glad we went that route. I had never hunted Javelina before and didn't really know anything about them, but I was hoping for the best for his first hunt. He did a great job wanting to practice shooting in the evenings. He had a blast pretending that milk jugs were javelinas.

3221520190218075819.jpg

We were lucky enough to find some javelina and actually ended up with a double on two little boars. He was excited and I have him hooked. I waited for this moment and it was everything I hoped for. I hope it is the first of many hunting trips with my kids.

Here is a video we made.

29675img7243.jpg

I hope you have many more trips with them as well! Excellent job on getting the double! Congrats to you and your son.

Congratulations to both you. What a great hunt to start off with your son. Your son is a great shot. Very cool.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom