Javelina in the Burros?

elkfanatic

Anyone know whats the situation with javelinas in the burros? I drew a archery coues tag and I figured why not try and shoot a pig while I'm at it.

Buy a tag and you won't see any. Don't buy a tag and you will have them at 10 yards. Hit and miss right now. Same as everywhere else. Not many left.

There are at lest two reasons there are over ONE THOUSAND leftover tags for javelina:

- not very many pigs anywhere; few and far between & hard to find
- cost of tag is higher than antelope or deer

I echo previous comment that if you buy a tag you won't see any and vice versa.

Carl

I've had them lot's of different ways and the only palatable ways my buddies and I have found is ground sausage in burros or little snack sticks like slim jims. They seem to be just fine that way. Every other way i've prepared them has been pretty rough, and I'm not one to shy away from a little gamey flavor.
The others are right though. The major freeze we had 4-5 yrs ago really hurt the populations. They are in pretty small groups but still hang around water and prickly pear. That's about the only advice I have. They used to be plentiful but it's no longer the case.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom