Javelina Pics

A

AZbowhntr

Here are a few pics from my hunt yesterday. What a rush. We took 2 pigs within about 2 minutes. We glassed them up from the next ridge over and made an almost perfect stalk. We ran into a couple guys that were on top of the ridge that the pigs were on. I tried to get their attention so that we could all try to get into them but they ended up spooking them through us. There was so much brush that as they ran by I couldn't get a shot. My partner got a shot but missed. As soon as they went by he pulled out is call and started calling. Within a minute 2 of them turned around and we could see them coming back down the side of the ridge. So I set up about 10 yards in front of him and came to full draw. They busted out about 20 yards in front of us and were coming at full speed. I ended up taking the shot at about 5 yards as they were coming right by me. It happened so fast that I wasn't sure if I had even hit him until he ran into a rock right in front of my partner. Then I saw blood gush out of its side and take off. I stand up to look for my arrow and see another pig over my shoulder about 10 yards away turn and run away. So I pull out my call and start calling. It stops it stops at about 40 yards and come back in and my partner shot it. His only made it about 50 yards and mine a little more than 100. I think javelina has to be one of the funnest things there is to hunt. But boy do they stink. WOW!!!

me and my javelina
f9be260f.jpg

talk about some sharp tusks.
f9be25ba.jpg

cam and his javelina
f9be2176.jpg

Congratulations man. My hunting partner and I got into herds two different times these season but couldn't connect either time. I also used my call after we spooked a sow and a yearling and two baby pigs...the sow charged my friend and he missed the pig at about 8 yards. Last week I missed a 40 yard shot in the rain...and Saturday the wind in unit 33 prevented us from really even being able to hunt. Glad you got your pigs. I can't wait for next year.

Actually it was unit 33. I was lucky enough to hook up with QuailRunner from the site and he showed me an incredible spot. Beautiful country too. Good binoculars definately help.

This was my first season ever hunting these things. What a learning curve! I saw 2 singles, and 2 herds, over about 6 days hunting, all together. Put on a perfect stalk, and missed one at about 15 yards. Turned out something had gone funky with my tuning/setup. Broadheads were all over the place, but mechanicals and field points were bang on. I had practiced with the fixed heads, preseason, so something had changed. Anyway, am disappointed of course, but satisfied, generally, with my first jav season. I was hunting 37B

Congrats on your pigs!!

www.parchedmuskrat.com

While hunting pigs in AZ 33 I got "distracted" (i.e. 2 blown stalks) by a nice, fat 3x3 Coues and his does and also saw two different forky horn Coues and a ton of does and fawns throughout the month of January, but no Mule Deer in this unit.

in 28 me and my dad got on some but a cuple ranchers rode up and spoked them their was about 20 pige give or take. nice job with your hunt i will have to try calling in by the way what tipe of call was it.

what happend to your sharp tusks picture it was great.
Thanks for the great hunt and thanks for showing me this site I think I will be on it a lot now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom