Javelina Success!

chap_dog48

A buddy and I scored last week. Saw a few and was able to sneek into a few groups of them some as close as 5 yards. Enjoy. Check out my quiver it broke on day 2 and i had to be careful not to stick that thing in my leg the rest of the trip.

3367javelina_2011.jpg

8991javelina_2011_3.jpg

6882javelina_2011_4.jpg

534javelina_2011_5.jpg

Kurt-www.shootitimages.com

Nice! I do believe I know exactly which unit and where you were at! PM me and we'll see if I am right!

That being said, good job on sneaking up on them. How many was in the herd? Last year they had 13..

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters
[email protected]

Congratulations! I'm 0 for 2, went down last weekend found lots of sign just could not find the pigs, same as last year! Worse yet, my daughter has a youth tag and I'm stressed out cause I can't seem to figure these critters out. Any help you guys would be willing to give I'd really appreciate it! Her tag is 20a, 19a/b, 17a/b, 10, and 18a. My buddies hunted 16a and had pigs to hunt everyday for 5 days, both filled their tags. This pig jinx is brutal!
Spear

Spear:

It appears to me that those pigs are in Unit 18B, which is not in your daughter's unit.

Sorry about the pig jinx.. keep after it, sooner or later, you'll get it down.

Here is a photo of a 16A juniors hunt we did a year ago.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

7330eric_hawkinberry_&_john_ramirez_unit_16_a_2010.jpg

Right on Kurt! Cant tell by the pics, but did you look at any of the areas I told you about! Congrats on the success!

Dave

To be honest we were all over the place trying to find areas to hunt. We had to stay in the lower elevations due to the snow. 17a, 17b, 20a and 19b. Saw pigs in each area and got into pigs in each area. I drilled mine around Hillside and my buddy missed shots in 19b and 20a north of Wagnor is where he closed the deal. Had a great time and will do it again if I can. If you ask my buddy he was worn out. Most of these pigs were way off the trail and he hated it when I said we are headed to that mountain 2 miles away from where we parked the quads. Hunted hard but it paid off. AZ has some serious thorns on every bush. We saw Jav's crossing the road on our way out of Prescott and on the way to Chino Valley in 19b several times right a dusk so that was why we headed over there to hunt.

Thanks Dave, didn't get a chance to look at the areas you said too much snow all over. We found several areas that we decided to stay with.

The lone pig picture above was the pig that my buddy got he was only standing 10 yards away from me and my buddy was a little to my right and his shot was yards. 14

In the first picture above there were actually 20 pigs in the group and if you look real hard you can count 18 in the picture. There were another 6 just 300 yards up this canyon to the right of where we were.

I went to the top of one hill in 19b and counted 3 groups of javs that had 8-12 pigs in each group. Pictures below are of some some I took through my binos at about 1000 yards away.
7752arizona_hunt_2011_2.jpg

1476arizona_hunt_2011_5.jpg

6546arizona_hunt_2011_6.jpg

Wow
You guys was really into those pigs, That was some great hunting and spotting.
Love the pictures of the herds you guys found.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Congrats!! You fellers shot a couple of nice stinky pigs. What did they weigh?

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_13010.jpg[/img][/url]

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-11 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]I really don't know? This was my first time ever hunting Javelina's so I would guess mine was 60-70 pounds and my buddys a little bigger 75 maybe. All I can say was it was a fun hunt and I will be back. Some of the pigs we did see were big. I think the biggest one we saw was in downtown Prescott and I mean it was a giant over a 100 pounder. Must be eating the local trash. The funny thing about that Jav was it was right in front of a hunting supply store.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom