JB's Sheep Find

D

DeerKing

Here is a nice Colorado sheep found by JB's brother recently...

ramfind1.jpg

ramfind2.jpg

Nice find guys. Someday I'd like to be lucky enough to draw a tag. I'd say a 170+ ram, whats he score?

Better be careful. I don't I don't know how the Colorado laws are, but in California the horns have to be "plugged" to keep them legally. One of the reasons I'm scared about looking for mine. PC

PC
In Colorado its legal to keep a sheep find and doesnt have to be plugged.....

Very nice find! You're lucky the government lets you keep it without all the hassels. I wish there wasn't all the legal crap to keep one in BC. I've been told to keep one legally you need to pay the government what it would fetch at auction. I don't think too many guys will now be reporting their finds. Sometimes the government really has way of making criminals out of the everyday regular joe, all for the possible increase to the government coffers. To think that these things are just sitting out there rotting or being chewed on and if you pick it up you may have to pay thousands to keep it is insane.

Thanks guys. He scores a hair under 172" net. His growth rings show that he was about 8 1/2 years old. We're going to get the skull cleaned up and add it to our collection. It's amazing what people will pay for those things. I just saw a 171" ram on ebay for $1000. The only thing I'm going to pay for in the way of sheep is the application fee for who knows how long, and then maybe one day I'll draw a tag. Thanks again....JB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom