Jerky Recipes

400bull

Very Active Member
I started marinating some venison last night to make jerky with and to thinking that it would be nice to try a couple different recipes. If you have a recipe that you like please share it with the rest of us. Here is the recipe that I have been using with great success.

1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. Worsestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. Ketchup
3/4 tsp. pepper (Add more if you like it hot)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Onion salt
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. liquid smoke.

Marinate for 24 hours. Stire the meat acouple of times while it is marinating to insure that all the meat gets marinated. Dry at 140 F for 4-6 hours, turn over half way through drying.

Eat and injoy.

400bull

I just marinate in Yoshida's terriaki sauce overnight and pitch it into the smoker or dehydrator for the day. Works out good, if you like your jerky real sweet.
Eric

fart.gif

Bird-01.gif

i alwyas liked to marinate mine in a bunch of ranch dressing and franks red hot witn garlic salt and pepper. makes for real good jerky. i also like teriyaki and just regualr salt pepper and garlic powder
casey

-Five pounds of lean meat
-6 to 8 tsp salt
-2 tsp of black pepper
-2 tsp cayenne pepper
-1 tsp marjoram
-3 tsp Accent
-2 tsp garlic powder
-1.5 tsp Tenderquick
-6 tsp Liquid Smoke

Toss in the dehydrator for about 6 hours (depends on thinkness and temp.)

I used jerky cure and seasoning by Hi Mountain Jerkey. It tastes excellent and easy. www.himtnjerky.com They have some pretty good stuff. I was never too fond of the soy, worcheshire, and terriaki thing. I always thought it made the jerky taste like chow mein.

MY Mama just marinates it in Whisishire Sauce for 2 days and then throws it int he dehydrater for a day. Its SO GOOD!!!

"Are you a vegitarian, If not then Shut UP!" :D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom