Jordans Dream Season

NMPaul

Jordan is a 13 yr old that I have had the privilege of hunting with this year and last year. Last year he shot his first buck (one shot perfect 125 yards).

I helped him apply for his hunts this year and could not believe his incredible luck.
This year he drew a youth muzzleloader Antelope hunt, and a youth either sex elk hunt and a deer tag.
These tags have extremely tough odds and he got them all this year.

This morning Jordan shot this nice heavy buck with a perfect shot at 162 yards with a muzzle loader.

We got out there after leaving at 3:30 in the am to get there. Our good friend Melvin spotted this buck about a mile away and we chose between this buck an another group.

Myself and Jordan stalked to a small rise that seemed much closer to the buck from a mile away, but when we crested it we were still 500 yards away and this was a Muzzle loader hunt.

I knew he could shoot at 200 yards. We snuck in utilizing the cover that was there yuccas and greasewoods and got within 162 yards.
From there it was all Jordan, his shot was perfect dropping this buck in its tracks with a perfect double lung. You could not have drawn it up better.
I have hunt with him 2x and its been one shot one kill each time.

Here are some pics.

JORDANSANTELOPEMCGREGORRANGE005.jpg

another shot

JORDANSANTELOPEMCGREGORRANGE012.jpg

Here is a pic of his buck from last year

2007JordansDeer001.jpg

Tell Jordan congrats, that is a nice buck. It looks like that area is still producing some good bucks.
Thats great that you are introducing kids to the sport of hunting.

Andy

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom