July 2nd Rockfish trip

peez3006

Several of us MM members are going fishing on July 2nd. We'll be on the 3/4 day trip out of Avila. Patriot Sportfishing. Cost is $66 per person plus any needed tackle. It would be cool to meet some fellow MMers. So make your reservations and lets get after em!

Don P.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I would really like to go but can't make it this year. Perhaps this could be a annual thing? I wanna Go! Thanks!

Joey

Dude, short notice. I have to do family $hit in Sonora this weekend. Can we change the date? I'm there if we can. GUARANTEED!!! pc

Yeah, I know. Kinda spur of the moment. We've already reserved our spots, though. Let's come up with another date later in the year, and do it then. We'll have enough notice where people can make it. Maybe late Nov or Dec. when hunting season is slowing down. Whatcha think?

Don P.

Dude, I'm in. Got permission from the wife. Will be staying at the Rose Garden on Los Osos Drive. What time does the boat leave? Did you get the big boat? Can I bring someone? paul

We're going on the Patriot on an open charter. 6am-2pm. Smaller boat I think. The bigger boat is only doing a 1/2 day trip. Bring as many as you like. Make reservations though, just in case the trip fills up. They want you there an hour early too. Check out there website. Patriotsportfishing.com

LOVE TO GO NEXT TIME.......FISHING CANCUN STARTING THURSDAY .......BETTER TAKE SOME EXTRA BUD FOR PAUL......HE GETS THIRSTY...........GOOD LUCK.........YD.

I don't drink on the boat. I'll call for reservations. pc

>
> LOVE TO GO NEXT TIME.......FISHING
>CANCUN STARTING THURSDAY .......BETTER TAKE
>SOME EXTRA BUD FOR PAUL......HE
>GETS THIRSTY...........GOOD LUCK.........YD.

I only know of three or four of us that are riding over together, friday afternoon. Maybe more will show?

Don P.

peez...don't tell PC where you are staying he will sneak over and drink all of your BEER.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-11 AT 03:40PM (MST)[p]Good luck! You guys will have a blast. The weather is great today and will only be better this weekend. Wish I had seen this earlier as I live only 20min away. My dad is out on the boat right now. Ill see what he comes home with tonight.

I had softball all weekend plus got 3 4H pigs to maintain over the next week or so. If you guys do another one, give us more heads up time. How did you guys do? Any pics??

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

We survived the trip. Even managed to scratch out our limits. It was windy and choppy. The fishing was a little on the slow side and they weren't monsters, but we had a good time. MMer Brandon caught the jackpot fish. A 8lb.6oz cabazon. A couple legal lings were also landed. And some undersized ones thrown back to grow up. Paul did his best to keep us entertained. I had intentions of taken some pics, but only took one. Brandon with his jackpot fish.

I'm surprised you got one pic! The water was crap. Had fun, though. We pretty much filled everyone's limits. I don't take pics of deep sea fish as their faces are too ugly for even a mother to love!! Good meeting you and your friends Don! pc

PS There's no greater joy than a round bottomed boy!!! lol

MMer Brandon caught the jackpot fish. A 8lb.6oz cabazon. A couple legal lings were also landed.

So what is Brandon's MM "handle"???

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

$105 bucks. I took my wife and kids on a 1/2 day boat on Wednesday. The weather was awesome, but the fishing was poor. We caught 12 between the four of us. Just the way it goes sometimes. A three pound red took the $165 jackpot. Which day are you going, Paul?

Don P

Thanks for posting the pic Peez. The jackpot was i believe 140. and I gave a 40.00 tip. The trip was fun we need to do it again before the season is over.

Thanks,

Bigonedown

Brandon

When does the rockfish season end this year?

Brandon, I've won several pots the past four years, and always use it to buy more saltwater gear. Can't have too much!!! pc

Can't win em all, Paul. I'm thinking about trying to squeak in one more trip before hunting season gets here. I'm torn between a full day out of Avila or a full day out of Oxnard. They've been doing real well on the white sea bass in Oxnard. I'll prob. just go to Avila. Try to catch a big ling. I'm going on a three day scouting trip in NV in two weekends. Gotta do it before then. See what happens?

Don P

Hey Paul. I just made my reservation for the 3/4 day boat out of Avila on the 23rd. At least a couple of us are gonna head over. See you there, if you can make it.

Don P.

July 23rd. Next weekend. Aug, Sept? I can't plan that far ahead. Haha! August-November I'll be chasing bucks. Four of us reserved so far. Might be one more.

Don P.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom