July off range oryx

P

patrico

Hey guys, im going out on a huge limb here and asking if anybody might know where to find some off range oryx and care to share. My girlfriend drew the july hunt and are having some trouble finding them. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Walk. Know it will be hard in July, but if you just look for tracks and then walk in the same direction you will likely find them. That's what "leftturn" and I did and he got a very nice bull (about 500 yards from the road). Nobody walks, you do it and you should find them. Kinda tuff in July, but then again you would probably be the only one doing it.

Good deal, thanks for the information. We will try looking for some fresh track and follow them like you said. Any good locations where we should start looking? It seems like a couple spots where we use to go by carrizozo have dried up

+1 on walk away from the road until you cut fresh tracks. Then follow them, thoroughly glassing up to a mile or two in the direction the tracks are headed until you spot the animal(s). Sneak within range...

Drive the West side of the range from the top to the bottom (all the way) and you will cut tracks. Like we said we took lefturns 500 yards from the road. We jumped him at 30 yards. You will probably have to "Flush" them in July. my guess is they will bed down right after sun up. After he took his I stumbled into two different oryx on a different route back to the truck. Not to mention two others we saw in the morning.

Pat,

Your boss should be able to give you pointers. His customers bring him them things all the time. My father-in-law killed his 10-15 miles north of the Range on some BLM land. They drove around in circles where they were seeing tracks and they found a bull to shoot.

Tell Rob that Mike said hi.

Good luck.

I would start about where they held the thunderbird 3d shoot (you know where that guy robin hooded your arrow) and walk west. With your big long legs it won't take to many miles to find an Oryx.

Good Luck

travis

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom