Jumping Jack Trailers

GLEDEASY

Who owns one? Thoughts? I came really close to buying a used one today. I like the idea of the versatility. However, this was a 6x12 and the likelihood of being able to get the tent on and off the tailor gave me doubts. Kind of second guessing now.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-18 AT 11:01PM (MST)[p]I ran across some guys in Wyoming last year that had bought a brand new one. They had drug it up a really rough road and set up camp there. It was pretty expensive compared to my springbar tent, but they said they loved it.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-18 AT 11:00PM (MST)[p]I've had one for 4 years. I love it. Haul it to Pyramid in the springto fish and to southern New Mexico to chase coues every year. And everywhere in between. Pulling the tent from the trailer is super easy. Pulls behind the truck at 85mph like dream.
89787img3196.jpg

87163img8678.jpg

They are really cool and convenient for a basic base camp. I still can't believe the cost as much as they do, however.

But for their purpose, they are pretty great.

I like them a lot. The cost has stopped me down from buying one, however. They seem very expensive for what you get.

Yeah, I know they ain't cheap. About the only compliant I think I've ever heard.

Wondering on the 6x8, anybody ever pull a Honda pioneer 1000 on one? Wondering about fit and weight on the axle.

I thought about buying one for short trips during nice weather . But they cost to much to justify that. So I just pull my toy hauler and load up everything I need with all of the comforts of home. Satellite tv, a comfortable bed. Turn on the a/c for my afternoon nap. I think the wife is much happier as well. If she every gets mad at you . You can go outside and watch tv in the man cave ! Also you can call it your 72 hour kit to make the wife feel better. Heck its really a week or more kit :)

I looked at the JJ trailers and had a hard time justifying the costs for what it is you're getting. In the end I opted to spend a bit more money and get a Four Wheel Camper (https://www.fourwh.com/product/hawk-short-bed-popup-truck-camper-regular-size/) and tow a standard utility trailer with me for my ATV. My camper has a refrig (with freezer that will make ice!), stove, sink, hot water heater, toilet, shower and dual batteries with 260 watts of solar panels. I can sit in one spot for weeks without ever starting my truck!

569851969169101522733657326921076164313n.jpg

68453img9071.jpg

67092img9006.jpg

9395320151030073714.jpg

Maybe think about an enclosed trailer. All your gear is locked up and out of the weather when traveling. Unload bike or quad and it becomes your tent at camp. You can customize them with windows etc. No fabric to worry about. Mine has worked out great.

I picked up a used one a year ago (6x8) for $3k, and I love that thing. I used it about 20 times here in Southcentral and Interior Alaska in every month from June-November and again March-May. Rain, snow, 0F etc, and with a Mr. Buddy heater kept me, buddies, wife/kids dry and comfy.

I have seen guys haul full sized SxS on them, and while my JJ can handle the weight of my SxS I haven't done it yet as I need to modify the platform to extend it to fit my 109" wheel base. My truck doesn't even know that the JJ is there and it handles rough roads really well. I plan on using it for hauling my SxS to trail heads, and then hooking the JJ up behind the SxS to go back another +10 miles on a trail and have a decent camp.

Since a comparable trailer just to haul my SxS up here runs about $1500-2000 minimum, that extra $1k for the tent set up was a no brainer. But the price they charge for the new ones? pffft, forget that!

>Maybe think about an enclosed trailer.
> All your gear is
>locked up and out of
>the weather when traveling.
>Unload bike or quad and
>it becomes your tent at
>camp. You can customize
>them with windows etc.
>No fabric to worry about.
> Mine has worked out
>great.

I've thought about this. Seems like I've heard some sxs being too tall to fit.

>I picked up a used one
>a year ago (6x8) for
>$3k, and I love that
>thing. I used it
>about 20 times here in
>Southcentral and Interior Alaska in
>every month from June-November and
>again March-May. Rain, snow,
>0F etc, and with a
>Mr. Buddy heater kept me,
>buddies, wife/kids dry and comfy.
>
>
>I have seen guys haul full
>sized SxS on them, and
>while my JJ can handle
>the weight of my SxS
>I haven't done it yet
>as I need to
>modify the platform to extend
>it to fit my 109"
>wheel base. My truck
>doesn't even know that the
>JJ is there and it
>handles rough roads really well.
> I plan on using
>it for hauling my SxS
>to trail heads, and then
>hooking the JJ up behind
>the SxS to go back
>another +10 miles on a
>trail and have a decent
>camp.
>
>Since a comparable trailer just to
>haul my SxS up here
>runs about $1500-2000 minimum, that
>extra $1k for the tent
>set up was a no
>brainer. But the price
>they charge for the new
>ones? pffft, forget that!

Never thought about hooking it to the sxs, that there is a cool idea.

You're sxs a 4 door I'm guessing?

>I thought about buying one for
>short trips during nice weather
>. But they cost to
>much to justify that. So
>I just pull my toy
>hauler and load up everything
>I need with all of
>the comforts of home. Satellite
>tv, a comfortable bed. Turn
>on the a/c for my
>afternoon nap. I think the
>wife is much happier as
>well. If she every gets
>mad at you . You
>can go outside and watch
>tv in the man cave
>! Also you can call
>it your 72 hour kit
>to make the wife feel
>better. Heck its really a
>week or more kit :)
>

I like the idea John. I just want something small for nights away from the cabin. Sleeping in my truck gets kind of old.

Mine is a Mirage (TNT) side x side model. It is about a foot taller than a normal enclosed trailer. My Honda Pioneer fits in it fine. My trailer is 7'X16'

5261img3924.jpg

7130img3432.jpg

I picked up a 2006 couple of years ago for $1500.00. The guy I bought it from thought it was a jumper for little kids parties LOL
he had know idea what a jumping jack trailer was. I got a smoking deal it had all the accessories inside when I opened it up. I love the thing & will use until it until the tent falls apart than order a new tent & frame if I have to!!! I would never buy a new one though they are WAAAYYYY over priced!!

Last time I checked just about every single trailer on the market that is brand new is way overpriced. Find a good deal and you won't be disappointed. I picked mine up at the Friday afternoon auction at the Expo 4 years ago. Smokin deal and I've been happy since.

>Who owns one? Thoughts? I came
>really close to buying a
>used one today. I like
>the idea of the versatility.
>However, this was a 6x12
>and the likelihood of being
>able to get the tent
>on and off the tailor
>gave me doubts. Kind of
>second guessing now.

If your still looking for Jumping Jack there is one for sale for $3k in the classified section on coueswhitetail.com. Pretty nice & good deal!

>>Who owns one? Thoughts? I came
>>really close to buying a
>>used one today. I like
>>the idea of the versatility.
>>However, this was a 6x12
>>and the likelihood of being
>>able to get the tent
>>on and off the tailor
>>gave me doubts. Kind of
>>second guessing now.
>
>If your still looking for Jumping
>Jack there is one for
>sale for $3k in the
>classified section on coueswhitetail.com. Pretty
>nice & good deal!

Thanks for the heads up. Been trying to create an account to inquire but I either have a problem with my phone or their site.

Bought mine from the neighbor for $100 bucks!Back and forth to the Kiabab many times!He had no idea what he had.Small duct tape repairs..its all good.

Yeah I've got a 2012 Polaris ranger crew 800 6 seater. The thing's a beast but it first the whole family plus some friends and goes where I want it to.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom