Jumping Jack Trailers

kalielkslayer

Thinking of getting one.

I like the ease of set up and have a 4 seat side by side so i?ll need the long one.

I want to hear from someone that has used one.

And what options are are worthwhile and which are worthless.

I love mine! Picked mine up used for great price. I would never buy new they are way over priced, but if you can find one between $2k & 4K they are worth it IMO.

I absolutely love mine. I got mine brand new for just under 6 and the amount of engineering and thought that went into these trailers is astonishing. Granted the accessories are a little over priced IMO. The room inside is amazing, how fast it sets up, how easy it pulls with a razr or quad on it. Easy to clean and keep maintained.

-Cass

I know this is a couple months old but for those that are interested I will add that I love mine. I have the 12 ft blackout with an 8 ft tent. This combination gives you a 4 ft deck along with the tailgate behind the tent which allows you to be outside the tent and off of the ground when eating or just hanging out. This patio area also provides secure storage when the tent and trailer are folded up while not in use or traveling. As far as accessories I have the large awning that covers the deck area and a pair of bed extensions that are nice if you want extra room or to sleep two per side, they also make into benches that can be used either in the tent or outside on the deck. I also have the propane bottle holder that mounts to the tongue that works great, the tent has an access spot near the tank that allows you to run an extension cord or propane hose into the tent for an electric or little buddy propane heater.

The tent is quick to pop up/set up and the swing up table inside is so slick. You can park anywhere and pop it up for the night and fold it up in the morning to hit the road again. Also bought a couple outdoorsmans sleeping bags which are amazing, I leave these in the tent when I fold it up so I never have to pack bedding.

With the torsion axles the trailer has over twice the ground clearance of my truck and 12' is not a long trailer so getting around in tight spots is so easy. This will easily hold the largest of UTV's, I have a toy hauler that is obviously more luxurious but pulling the jumping jack around is so much easier and less of a headache, you dont even know its behind you when going down the highway and your not burning a ton of gas. I will choose the JJ over the toy hauler for any long haul or quick trip even though my wife doesn't always agree!

When it comes to ramps, I returned a large pair of folding "longramps.com" ramps which are nice and bought jumping jacks largest extendable ramps. All I can say is they are awesome and well worth the money, buy once!

I could go on and on, they are expensive but after owning one I think they are well worth the money!

Agree way over priced in my opinion for a trailer with just a tent on top a trailer. I figured I was fine taking 10 min to set up a tent on the ground. Plus they are really just selling you the trailer for that much lol just go buy a wheeler trailer for way less and put a tent on it save you money ?

Agree way over priced in my opinion for a trailer with just a tent on top a trailer. I figured I was fine taking 10 min to set up a tent on the ground. Plus they are really just selling you the trailer for that much lol just go buy a wheeler trailer for way less and put a tent on it save you money ?

I used to think and do the same as you but after a few years of eyeing the jumping jack trailers and trying to find a cheap used one I said screw it and decided to buy a new one. Now I am all ? every time I take it out and have no regrets. I think you would have to actually set one up and sleep in it for a night to understand. I did a lot of research before buying mine and found that people either love them or think they are way overpriced. For those that can get past the price I believe you will find them to be a well designed tent and trailer combination. ??

17893FD7-DBF1-48E2-816E-E2E4642C9E57.jpeg

58259032-ECD4-449C-9353-FE01CB26F705.jpeg

I used to think and do the same as you but after a few years of eyeing the jumping jack trailers and trying to find a cheap used one I said screw it and decided to buy a new one. Now I am all ? every time I take it out and have no regrets. I think you would have to actually set one up and sleep in it for a night to understand. I did a lot of research before buying mine and found that people either love them or think they are way overpriced. For those that can get past the price I believe you will find them to be a well designed tent and trailer combination. ??

View attachment 6761

View attachment 6762
I’m sold. Seems everyone that says they are overpriced haven’t used one. And I ised

I winter camp while chukar hunting a lot. It takes me over an hour to set up my wall tent by myself. Another hour to take it down. Wood stove is nice but.

And my winter nylon tent isn’t much better.

And I thought about a used toyhauler but I would just thrash it and probably couldn’t get it everywhere I could get the JJ.

How about a trailer w/a PU camper on it. Hard sides are pretty darn nice when it gets down around freezing.

I know a couple of wimpy guys, and they used to camp in a PU bed...verticle 2x4s in the corner and a tarp thrown over the top.

Last edited:
I’ve had a cab over camper, trailer, wall tents, nylon tents, camper shell. And slept in all of them. I remember the leaky camper shell the best.

for chukar hunting I need the side by side or quad to get to where I want to hunt. The cab over would allow me to trailer said vehicles but no room for 3 dog crates and other gear.

I’m going the JJ route.

Just for the record, Steve gave me a great deal and I couldn't be more pleased.

Probably paid 40% of a new one. Like someone else said, the "extras" are pricy. Steve had numerous extras, probably $1,000 worth.

It's 16' long with the 12' tent. I haven't used it. But I set it up and left it when we were experiencing 30-40 mph winds, no issues. And when it was 90 outside, it was cooler in the tent with the windows open than it was outside.

I loaded both my side by side and my wife's Polaris 500 quad on it and towed it around the property. Pulls like a dream.

Initially my plan was to use it on 2 antelope hunts this year and use my wall tent for the Colorado elk hunt. But I'm leaning towards using it on that too. I get that there isn't much between you and the outside during cold weather. But I think a combination of 2 Mr. Heaters, 1 Mr. Heater and 1 Lil Buddy, or just one Mr. Heater, should keep it warm enough.

We'll see. I sleep in a nylon "Outback lodge" on a cot, with a lil buddy, in January chukar hunting. At least I won't have to removed tent stakes frozen into the ground anymore.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom