Junior Elk tag

silverstatehunter

Hey guys,

My nephew pulled the junior bull elk tag for RUT rifle Sept 16-24th for any general area. We are thinking about hiring someone to do a drop camp in the South Slope area of the Uintas. Does anyone know a good drop camp outfit?
If your kid had the tag is that the range that you would hunt? We were also considering the box elder sawtooth or maybe the Henrys. Any advice would be amazing. I'm willing to trade tons of info. I know just about everything about Nevada or even a few great public spots for Zion deer. We have taken some amazing animals in Nevada over the years if your up for an information swap.

scotts elk1.jpg

ashleys buck.JPEG

jakes sheep1.jpg

jakes elk.JPG

I definitely wouldn’t pick the Henry’s. Your suggested area is as good as any. Don’t get too caught up on score. This hunt can be a real azz kicker. If it were my kid, first elk we see would be getting shot. Bull or cow.

Good luck.

Awesome on tag.
Getting away from areas that are hit hard by archers with fresh legs via a drop camp is an excellent idea. Is pack out included?
If capable cover ground vs sit and wait in my opinion.

I'll be doing some scouting out in the saw tooths. I have a box elder archery deer tag also going to grab an archery elk tag. I can let you know what I see out scouting.

Call Rusty Farnsworth outfitting in Mountain Home. He has the best string of mules around. He knows the South Slope really well.

my daughter had the tag two years ago, we packed in with mules, covered a lot of ground and she killed a rag horn bull. Pretty cool for a 12 year old girl, she’s a badass. Your welcome to PM me if ya want

Nice Job Airborne & Little Ms Airborne!

I Hope She Never Decides To Shoot Me!

She'd Put 8 Extra Rounds In Me Just To Make Sure!:D

We Dealt With Stick Flippers Educating Bulls With Calls & They Wasn't Doing Their-selves or anybody-else Any Favors!

Sure Is Fun To Call A FULL BLOWN CAMOED UP StickFlipper In Though!

my daughter had the tag two years ago, we packed in with mules, covered a lot of ground and she killed a rag horn bull. Pretty cool for a 12 year old girl, she’s a badass. Your welcome to PM me if ya want

South slope is a good elk area and large. We hunt it general season muzzy very year. Have hunted it 3 times with youth. Two great years with lot's of elk sightings with success once. One really bad hot year with few sightings.

If you go DIY willing to help you out with info. This is son's youth bull.

20200506_160433.jpg

Nice Job Airborne & Little Ms Airborne!

I Hope She Never Decides To Shoot Me!

She'd Put 8 Extra Rounds In Me Just To Make Sure!:D

We Dealt With Stick Flippers Educating Bulls With Calls & They Wasn't Doing Their-selves or anybody-else Any Favors!

Sure Is Fun To Call A FULL BLOWN CAMOED UP StickFlipper In Though!
You know what's better than calling in stick flippers?

While hiking off a hill to a pond have two dudes drive down to the pond on a side by side, shut it off and start cow calling. I dicked with the for 15 minutes with them thinking I was a pissed off bull in the trees lol. I finally walked out where they could see me and the jumped in there machine and drove off. Lol

Well JakeH!

That Might Be Better!

Screwin With 2 Lazy ####### in a Side X Side!:D

You know what's better than calling in stick flippers?

While hiking off a hill to a pond have two dudes drive down to the pond on a side by side, shut it off and start cow calling. I dicked with the for 15 minutes with them thinking I was a pissed off bull in the trees lol. I finally walked out where they could see me and the jumped in there machine and drove off. Lol

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom