Just booked 1st leg of next RSA hunt

ruttinbull

I just wired my money to RSA for a hunt later this year.
First leg of the hunt is five days:
6 impala culls
1 trophy Grysbok
1 trophy cape bushbuck
1 cull warthog

will negotiate further if time allows. I have a feeling something else will be added.

The second leg is still in the talks but will include a trophy kudu as the ranch is crawling with them. We will then "see what the bush provides." This farm holds some absolutely spectacular duiker and steenbok and I will be prepared to take one should it present itself. This gent also owns some mountain property and we may make a trip up for a night or two in tents to look for a vaal rhebok or klipspringer. I really like hunting the tiny ten and hope that we can arrange this run to the mountains.

Looking forward to this trip... but not the flights!

A monster vaal rhebok would be at the top of my list. Hard to hunt, and they are beautiful.

They have been on my list for a very long time; however the ranches I have hunted did not have them or there was too little time. This chap has a few on his mountain property which he only visits about once a year. Not sure what to expect as far as vaalies, but know that I will have a good time with a friend.

You mentioned not looking forward to the flights. I don't know where you're flying from, but consider Emirates as an option. They?re outstanding. Their A380?s are the most comfortable planes I've ever flown.

I'm taking my son on a hunt in December to northern Tanzania and while most people fly KLM into Arusha, we are going Emirates with a transfer to get to Arusha from DAR.

Emirates was easy with firearms. I flew Seattle-Dubai-Joberg without any problems. You do need a special permit for Dubai. Overall very easy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom