Just booked my first sheep hunt!!!

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
Just sent my deposit in this week and I don’t think it’s truly sunk in that I’ll be chasing Dall sheep in 2024! Thankful for a wife that is supportive of this dream. Now the prep begins!

FB0134C5-EA77-4750-945B-04A8D848EE50.jpeg

Good for you..work hard and get in the best shape of your life and then even a little bit more...some of those hunts are tough..good luck to ya

Good for you..work hard and get in the best shape of your life and then even a little bit more...some of those hunts are tough..good luck to ya
That’s the plan! I’ve got a ton of time to get gear dialed and myself in great shape. It’s a traditional backpack hunt so I’ll need to be.

Jake’s a good guy. Hopefully those Talkeetna sheep get a break on the weather we’ve been having.

2024 is a very long wait, but I guess it's short compared to most of the rest of the MM sheep wannabes. The majority only dream about sheep hunting but a few, like yourself, actually do it!
Congratulations.

Jake’s a good guy. Hopefully those Talkeetna sheep get a break on the weather we’ve been having.
I’ve enjoyed getting to know him so far. Seems like a great dude. He’s not taking hunters in 22 or 23 to give them a break. Hoping that little bit helps with recovery and like you said, they catch a break for a couple years over the winter.

2024 is a very long wait, but I guess it's short compared to most of the rest of the MM sheep wannabes. The majority only dream about sheep hunting but a few, like yourself, actually do it!
Congratulations.
It will be a long wait but I have a ton to do to prep between fitness, gear, and rifle prep.

Mind over matter. Better to go into the hunt with an extra 15 lbs. Its best to carry it on your belly than your back.

Hey congratulations! That’s the first step that most have an issue following through with, it isn’t cheap and is hard to come
Up with the money but if it’s a dream then you have to get it done before your to old to do so.

It will go by so fast it isn’t even funny, much like yourself hunting dall
Sheep has been my number one bucket list hunt, I went on a desert sheep hunt to help an older guy and he could barely hunt, it would take him an hour and half
To go a 100 yards with our assistance, he was also 82 years old and suffered from a stroke a couple years prior. Much the less he told me he wished he would have gone and hunted sheep when he was younger and said if he ever drew a desert he was going to go after his slam, he waited all to
Long and did it in the wrong order! I left that hunt December of 2019 went to sheep show January 2020 and booked a hunt April 2020 and am
Going next year! Can’t wait and good luck on your hunt, look forward to following along on your hunt in a couple years. If you need a hand or advice feel free to message me and I can give you my number.

Hey congratulations! That’s the first step that most have an issue following through with, it isn’t cheap and is hard to come
Up with the money but if it’s a dream then you have to get it done before your to old to do so.

It will go by so fast it isn’t even funny, much like yourself hunting dall
Sheep has been my number one bucket list hunt, I went on a desert sheep hunt to help an older guy and he could barely hunt, it would take him an hour and half
To go a 100 yards with our assistance, he was also 82 years old and suffered from a stroke a couple years prior. Much the less he told me he wished he would have gone and hunted sheep when he was younger and said if he ever drew a desert he was going to go after his slam, he waited all to
Long and did it in the wrong order! I left that hunt December of 2019 went to sheep show January 2020 and booked a hunt April 2020 and am
Going next year! Can’t wait and good luck on your hunt, look forward to following along on your hunt in a couple years. If you need a hand or advice feel free to message me and I can give you my number.
Great story! I have a similar story as to why I fell in love with it. I drew a rocky ewe tag in a wilderness area in 2015 then one of my good friends drew a desert tag and I helped guide him. From then on, I was hooked… I’m glad you booked and let me know how it goes!

My hope is that if I love it like I think I will, that I’ll be able to swing another sheep hunt sometime later in life.

2024 gives you plenty of time to chip away at the $ balance.

Good luck. It's always nice to have something to look forward to especially in this day of Covid doom and gloom.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom