Just curious... LE Pronghorn

3TOE

Very Active Member
I’m aware this is probably an impossible question to answer... If you were to take a guess, how many NR points would it take to draw a NR Pronghorn tag? No particular unit, just in general. I have 7 points & I was just curious to know when I may have a chance at drawing.
Thanks!

Obviously nonres draw odds change from 1 unit to the next. Almost every nonres bonus pt tag takes 10+ pts to draw. Your odds in the random draw are fairly low as well. You can get a reasonable guess how many years it will take you draw a particular unit by looking at how many bonus pt tags are issued and how many guys with same or more pts are in line.

Last edited:
Draw odds dramatically change from 1 unit to the next. You have a great chance to draw several units but low odds of drawing others.
Thanks for the response.
I applied for Filmore Oak Creek South & Beaver units.

Don’t overlook the Bonus point only applicants on the first page of the pronghorn section. Any of those could jump in and apply for a hunt anytime.

12 NR points is gold. I think there is only 60 or so nonresidents with 12 points or more. 11 points, not so much. That's the break where they started letting NR apply for everything. I think there are 1100 NR with 11 points

Don’t overlook the Bonus point only applicants on the first page of the pronghorn section. Any of those could jump in and apply for a hunt anytime.
I learned a good bit today in some of my research, some of which I wish I hadn’t learned. Lol
I suppose I have a much better understanding on UT now. Thanks for the info. ??

I think I had 11 pts last year when I drew a bonus tag for pronghorn in Utah. Last year was a strange year for me. I drew four pronghorn tags last year!

11 points isn’t terribly bad.
That’s awesome! They are one of my new favorite animals to hunt. I got my first antelope with a bow in WY in 2018 & I have to say it was the most exciting hunt I’ve ever been on.
What states did you draw?

It was 11 years ago Utah started allowing NRs to apply for everything instead of choosing between deer, elk, antelope like residents have too. I was fortunate to get my wife a point for pronghorn the year before so she'll draw a decent antelope tag in the next year or 2. Last 3 years her NR point total pool has had tags drawn from it in the unit I applied her for, just not hers yet.

That’s awesome! A lot of travel for one season though.

I'm self employed and can work remotely too. I finished my UT hunt on opening day and then went straight to WY for a week to scout and flyfish before my doe season started.

2019-09-18 15.15.46.jpg

2019-09-19 16.21.05.jpg

2019-09-19 15.41.12.jpg

You can’t beat that at all... sounds like a great week of hunting & fishing. ??
That is fatty little rainbow!

I draw the one non res tag in the west desert units last year with 2pts. That hunt was incredible and I can only hope to draw it agin someday.

I draw the one non res tag in the west desert units last year with 2pts. That hunt was incredible and I can only hope to draw it agin someday.

There are more than one West Desert hunt and all totaled there were around 10 NR tags last year. I drew one and so did Wizard and we're both NR.

Good to know. I'm starting to plan my hunt. I'm setting at 13 points after this year. Really looking forward to my first Utah hunt. Absolutely love the pronghorn. What's the trophy potential like?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom