Just not the same - Whitetail Success

I apologize for the Whitetail pic, but did have some luck in my home state of Minnesota. Don't get me wrong, it was a great time and found him 2.5 miles back in a swamp and ended up packing him out like we would a Muley. With that said, for me it just doesn't compare to Mule Deer hunting. I appreciate all the stories and photos from you all this fall as I wasn't able to get out west this year. That said, looking forward to 2022!
Deer.jpg

At least your buck has the body size of a mule deer buck and width and eye guards of a mule deer buck. I have enjoyed get into some whitetail hunting over the last few years but mule deer are definitely my favorite but It is all fun in there own ways. Thanks for posting, nice buck congratulations.

I hate to admit it, but I am loving hunting western white tails. I love big mule deer hunting, but given the current status of most mule deer herds and the ongoing droughts hitting the deer hard etc. I almost prefer to hunt some big white tails.

Nice buck

You're in a different boat than many of us out west. Mule deer are awesome and it's the #1 love but whitetail are way way cool and a bit of a rarity for me so that make 'em kind of special.
Damn sweet buck! Congrats man!

Zeke

I have really enjoyed hunting whitetails over the years and get just as much satisfaction out of a good, mountain whitey hunt as I do a muley hunt. The best thing about whitetails is that they are much more sustainable. The area I hunt has had huge scale EHD die-offs over the years and it only takes them little buggers about 3-4 years to build the population right back up. They taste really good too.-------SS

As someone who grew up in Minnesota, and cut his teeth on whitetails, having not been in 10yrs, I miss huntin whitetails. Watchin the sun come up and the woods come alive perched in a hardwood tree is an enjoyable experience. But I moved out west in 89 because of the stories I read about western big game hunting. You've got amazing fishing back there, and you can still trap. I've enjoyed it all. Bout the only thing I don't miss about Minnesota is the weather. Sweet buck Muskie!

Congrats. Great buck. Us westerners love seeing you easternmost whitetail photos. Thanks for posting.

Most of us are hunters, regardless of the prey! We all have our favorites but we hunt whatever we can. If I had a choice, I'd hunt sheep over anything else, but that's not even remotely possible.
No need to apologize!
Congratulations on a fine buck

I like the whitetail pics, keep em coming. (y) I’ve never bagged one (not counting coues). Definitely on my bucket list.

I understand the disappointment of not being able to go on the hunt you hoped but it has always been fun for me to change it up and hunt other critters as well.

2.5 miles back in the swamp....... that is cool. And congratulations. Nice buck.

It’s the uniqueness of each species of North American deer that make it a thrill to hunt.

Their habitat is so different and the difference is what makes it cool.

Their behaviors are all very different and that makes each one an entirely different kind of hunt.

The all act different. Whitetail are switchy/twitchy/tricky/sneezy, hurky/jerky jump and run like someone hitt’em with a hot shot.

Muley couldn’t live more different, their terrain is very different and they may as well be from Mars, by comparison to how they act.

Makes everyone of them as if you are hunting a different animal entirely. States with healthy public populations of both are the most blessed in the country. If that’s you....... you win by default.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom