Kachina Peak Wilderness

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
Anyone hunted Kachina Peak wilderness for elk? I’m considering trying for it as an option with only a few points. just trying to get a feel for what I might be in for. I live in NC. Thanks.

I have not hunted elk there but I did other stuff there when I lived in Flag for a few years. Its a big steep mountain that looks like every other volcano you have seen. It's steep and has black timber. Its a cool place, but its steep. Oh, and its what most would consider high altitude and its very steep. I'm not sure what else you are looking for.

I think there is a Randy Newberg youtube video where he is hunting it . Oct hunt ? if I recall. Looked like a tough hunt with low success.

POOR choice now!!! MINIMUM elk there (seriously) and NOT a quality experience, especially considering how far you'd be traveling to get here. We've taken a couple veterans hunting on that hunt (the tags were donated for a reason) ...

thanks for the honest info. I’ll take it out of consideration. Is 7e any better?

POOR choice now!!! MINIMUM elk there (seriously) and NOT a quality experience, especially considering how far you'd be traveling to get here. We've taken a couple veterans hunting on that hunt (the tags were donated for a reason) ...

Had several friends draw the tag last year. Saw exactly one elk, a small 5x5 bull that the grandson took.
I wouldn't recommend this hunt to anyone!

My buddy killed a 320 bull and a 315 bull in it over the last 4 years.

It's a rough hunt and unless you're willing to back pack in a long way and pack in water it will be pretty darned hard.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom