Kaibab archery hunt question

1ELKAHOLIC

My brother and I drew tags for Kaibab archery deer 12a.
The season starts on the 24th of Aug and ends on the 13th of Sept. the full moon is on Aug 26th.
We want to avoid the labor day crowd. We can hunt for 7 days. We have never got to hunt there before, and don't know how the moon will affect the hunting there, if at all?
Would you go the first 7 days with the moon and be there on the first day?
Or the last 7 days with no moon and after they have been pressured by the other bow hunters?

Thanks for any help.

Best buck I've ever arrowed on the Bab' was during a full moon cycle so i doubt it affects much. I always liked being there at the beginning.....but then again, I stay about 2 weeks when drawn. Good luck and have fun.

BOHNTR )))---------->

I have hunted it a lot back when it was over the counter. This year is my third draw tag. The last week you will have the mountain pretty much to yourself.

First,HOW did you draw the Kiabab.Second hunted full moon early and lots of pressure.IF I drew ever again,late with no moon and no hunters.Good Luck!

I haven't hunted it for a few years now, but scored the biggest buck of my life last time I was up there for it!
I've noticed over the years that once they strip their velvet towards the end of the hunt they get harder to hunt. That being said, and said previously in this thread later is nicer having less competition!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom