Kaibab buck

azbullhunter

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-19 AT 07:42AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-19 AT 01:58?PM (MST)
64707img0878.jpg

After waiting eleven years I drew the late west side hunt on the Kaibab. Due to medical issues I knew I had to have someone go with me. I hired Duwane Adams since I knew he had been hunting the Kaibab for 40 years. For three days before the opener we had snow but the weather forecast called for clear skies and cold temperatures for opening day.

At first light on opening day Duwane and Rick Wyler glassed up a real nice buck at 442 yards. I had just a few seconds to get a rest but I missed the buck. For the next 2 1/2 days we glassed up numerous bucks ranging is size from 150 to 170. We saw approximately 25 bucks a day but not what any of us wanted.

Finally mid morning on day four Johnny Wyler glassed up a buck laying in some oak brush. We could see the right side clearly but not the left side. We were not sure he had four points on the left antler. Finally after at least a half hour Duane said get the gun and shoot that deer.

We were able to get within 350 yards. Finally he stood up and I made a good shot with the 270WSM.

When I woke up that morning the weather forecast was ominous. High winds that evening and four days of snow were forecast. The forecast was accurate with heavy snow.

I was lucky since most hunters have one guide and I had three experienced guides in Duwane Adams, Rick Wyler, and Johnny Wyler. The hunt was all I wanted and more. I wanted a fun hunt with a quality deer and I got both.

Sorry could not load photos. I have them on my computer and Costco.com

Good looking Buck Fella. I got one with Duwane there last year. It really doesn't get any better! Congrats................BULL!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom