kaibab points predictions

foundation

Very Active Member
As a non resident with 19 points I was hoping to draw a Kaibab late tag this year, but after reading huntin fool that's looking unlikely. Any predictions on how many points it will take this year. Am I still a few years away from a tag?

Last year, you possibly could have drawn a 12AW or the 12B tag with 19 points. With the good moisture this year, I expect more guys will apply for a hunt instead of buy a point, so probably some point creep. You stand a decent chance at drawing in the next 2 years unless there is a change is application patterns. Nothing is ever guaranteed when you apply for a hunt with 1-5 tags.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

You already know this but it's not looking good for you.
Last year 9% drew with 19 points which was 2 under max and you are 3 under.
They also cut 25 tags on the 12W late so that won't help.
I'm 2 under max and with the tag cuts and the rule changes I don't think I've gained any ground in the last few years.
All you can do is apply never know may just get lucky.

I drew 12b west late tag with two points 3 years ago and it a fun hunt and of corse I put in as a res for that! this year I am have that again

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom