Kamchatka Snow Sheep Question

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
I’m considering booking a hunt for Kamchatka Snow Sheep in 2023 and I’m doing some research. I’ve heard of some people taking a waterproof bag and packing material to bring back salted capes and skulls in their luggage. Does anyone know if this is possible from Russia or is a shipper your only choice?

Would also love to hear of your experiences from anyone who’s done a hunt for snow sheep in Kamchatka.

I about pulled the trigger on a Snow sheep hunt a couple times but never did. I booked for Blue sheep instead (which the hunt was cancelled by China) and then rolled it over to Marco Polo in Tajikistan. Glorious!
I almost did it again but decided to spend a bit less and hunt Dagestan tur in Russia next year after discovering that Blue sheep in Nepal are quite spendy.
In the world nowadays, I cannot imagine that you can bring your own trophies home. We did that with sheep etc. from Mongolia but that was back in 1986 but the world was a bit more sane back then.
I hope you go and have a wonderful time. It just was never quite in the cards for me.
Well, that probably didn't answer your question but I got to reminisce.

Zeke

I about pulled the trigger on a Snow sheep hunt a couple times but never did. I booked for Blue sheep instead (which the hunt was cancelled by China) and then rolled it over to Marco Polo in Tajikistan. Glorious!
I almost did it again but decided to spend a bit less and hunt Dagestan tur in Russia next year after discovering that Blue sheep in Nepal are quite spendy.
In the world nowadays, I cannot imagine that you can bring your own trophies home. We did that with sheep etc. from Mongolia but that was back in 1986 but the world was a bit more sane back then.
I hope you go and have a wonderful time. It just was never quite in the cards for me.
Well, that probably didn't answer your question but I got to reminisce.

Zeke
Haha no worries Zeke. I might have to pick your brain if I’m fortunate enough to book the hunt.

Go with Kamchatka trophy hunts and ask for Anatolii. I went with a different outfitter from the US to hopefully avoid any scam issues but basically just paid extra to use this guy. The moose hunt was amazing and I highly recommend doing it. Got a 69”. Get the google translate app and practice a few basic sentences. Most people have enough English to get you by but the difference is huge if you can learn a few words.

A173D593-5263-40A4-BDA7-38E92C255C7E.jpeg

Go with Kamchatka trophy hunts and ask for Anatolii. I went with a different outfitter from the US to hopefully avoid any scam issues but basically just paid extra to use this guy. The moose hunt was amazing and I highly recommend doing it. Got a 69”. Get the google translate app and practice a few basic sentences. Most people have enough English to get you by but the difference is huge if you can learn a few words.

View attachment 62783
Wow what a hunt!

View attachment 62783
What a great moose, I’m going to send you a PM…

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom