Kansas buck

countryboy300

Got lucky opening morning with my oldest daughter hunting with me! We both shot the deer, I said her bullet was the one the finish him off! Had a great time ! So We sat down in the pecan grove area over looking a couple bean fields to the east. Sun came up and there he was standing out the field on the top of the bottom terrace. Kinda like the 30 point buck song! There he was strutted right out of my dreams, created for outdoor magazines! Lol super frosty morning, looking through the scope , counting points, thing wow ! Never happens to us!!

Paused for little to calm down get a good broadside shot. Then put the hammer down on him both us! He was about 125 yards out! Took off running and crashed on the trees north of us! At that point in time didn’t know it. We waited anxiously for 15 mins to calm down. Then headed out to look for tracks and blood. Was 20 degrees and ground froze solid as we had a good rain a few days prior!

Kept trying to find tracks or blood, started to get worried. Made a loop along field edge found couple spots of blood and 10 ‘ farther him piled in the tree line.

Easy getting him out with the little tractor. Then that evening same general area dad killed a decent 9. Not huge by any means, but he said he didn’t want to get up early and again and sit in the cold weather!!

Good luck to all!!

7CA40426-D42B-4815-9CEE-03F74471A3FF.jpeg

CDEA9A56-0BB4-4732-B8B4-B83B02490649.jpeg

9E23815D-1BF7-40E4-9B29-0A5CCF065469.jpeg

64E1DEAE-7EB1-4577-AAF3-19736D6C6EAA.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom