Kansas Guided Goose Disaster

fullcry

Just hunted with Top Gun guide service for
geese.It seemed like they were reputable.
Thought we would do a quick 2 day hunt for
Geese before our deer hunt started.
Disaster from the beginning.
I would not recommend them in the slightest.
Common story, the guide tried hard but outfitter fed us a line.We should have brought decoys and tried on our own.
Would have saved a lot of money.

So how did he feed you a line?

Geese very well can be one of the most unpredictable creatures. They migrate bud. Maybe he had a field pegged and guess what the birds were ready to continue heading south or found a better feed

most guys who guide for geese and ducks have mutli fields scouted to be in front of the geese or ducks as they move all the time. They have lots of scouts seeing where the geese move to each day.
Seems the guide didn't do that or maybe the flocks of geese just didn't follow the plan.

As a waterfowl guide myself I know how a slam dunk hunt can very easily change to a flop of a hunt. You can't always have multiple choices for a hunt and even if you do you can't predict what the birds will do.

That's why they call it hunting bud not killing.

Well Thunder....I wasn’t going to go into specifics until you asked.
35 year Guide and Outfitter here.
So I understand how it works BUD.

When you find out the guides had been scouting
Ponds For your duck hunt when your multiple conversations and texts with the outfitter were targeting geese.That’s a problem.
When you get there and the guides say the geese just got into the area 3 days before and the guides have just found 1 field they can get permission on and that’s all you are hunting.That’s a problem.
When your outfitter texts and tells you the local town to stay in and gets his locations mixed up
And it’s 1 hour travel time each way.55miles
So hunters and guides are traveling 2 hours each day and we all could have stayed 20 minutes away.That’s a problem.

I can give you more but I will end on this.
When the hunt is over and the guides are just as frustrated and mad at the boss.That’s a problem.

They actually thought about asking my group to help knock on doors but were embarrassed to ask.... I wish they would have told us we would have helped.We didn’t know the whole story.We spent a awful lot of money on a goose chase.

That’s a problem...

they scouted the ponds maybe you should’ve switched gears and went for ducks instead. What did the guides say about the ponds? Those ponds might have been loaded with ducks and geese if there were a lot of geese in the area. I’d rather shoot greenheads than geese any day.

In South Dakota right now they Have million's of snow and blues.
My brother was telling me yesterday that they will cover a Harvested field and pick dry all of corn kennels in one or 2 days.
Said it made the national news.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom