Keep Wisz fam in thoughts

JennTheHBIC

Hey guys! It's Jenn (formerly TripleK- which had NOTHING to do with the Ku Klux Klan! oopsey bad name pick back in the day)

Anyway- Wisz's daughter, StevieLyn is about to undergo open heart surgery for the 4th time so keep him and his fam in your thoughts and if you're a prayin' man or woman- send up a prayer or two for her.

You got this, Stevielyn! (I stole Melissa's pic from Twitter, Steve- hope you don't mind!) thinking about you guys!
wisz.jpg

One of the hardest thing as a parent is the helpless feelings having a seriousl illness in a child and having to depend on others for their recovery. Hopes and prayers for the whole family. BacDoc

Hey all- I received a text from a MM friend and he heard of my daughters surgery from this post. Thank u TripkeK for asking for the prayers. It’s kind of a long story but many of you know that my 24-year-old daughter has had multiple open-heart surgeries and has needed her aortic valve replaced a couple of times. About 2 1/2 weeks ago she was babysitting an infant and a three-year-old for a friend of hers. It waIt’s kind of a long story but many of you know that my 24-year-old daughter has had multiple open-heart surgeries and has needed her aortic valve replaced a couple of times. About 2 1/2 weeks ago she was babysitting an infant and a three-year-old for a friend of hers. Those kids were a little sick… Clear boogers and it really wasn’t anything major. Stevie watched them for a day and a half and the next day she started feeling ill. On the following Thursday she noticed she was getting worse. My dad and I left for Wyoming on the 13th as opening day was Friday the 15th. Luckily we had service and my wife called me Friday night saying Stevie was hospitalized and she’d give me an update in the morning. At about 8 AM, my dad and I were out looking for deer and we got the text that Stevie has a blood infection and it’s getting serious. We immediately went back to camp, loaded up and headed for home. I got home Saturday at about noon and she still in the hospital. On Monday, her current cardiologist along with the cardiologist at our local hospital decided it was necessary to move down to UCLA where they could do a TEE. The problem is that there were no beds available at UCLA. It wasn’t until Wednesday evening that she was able to get a bed at UCLA. It wasn’t until Friday morning that they were able to get the TEE done and it showed a major infection in Stevie‘s heart. It’s called endocarditis. The surgeons tell us the plan and surgery will happen on Monday morning. Here’s what she needs done… The aortic valve that had been replaced in 2019 now needs to be removed and any infection needs to be cut out of the heart and the graft material. Her tricuspid valve needs to be replaced due to severe leakage. She needs to have her pacemaker and it’s leads to the heart removed and have leads from her heart out her stomach to an external pacemaker until after she heals where they will go back in and put a pacemaker under her chest muscle. Surgery started today at roughly 10:30AM and we’ve been getting updates every 2 1/2 hours from the surgery room. The last one we got was about 15 minutes ago and she is still on the bypass machine so they are still working on putting all of the pieces back together on her heart. From what I’ve been explained to us, there’s got to still be at least 2 1/2 hours worth of work that needs to be done. Please pray for Stevie but also the surgeons who are going to be working way past what they had expected.

This is a huge lesson learned for us and Stevie and our family. Maybe this will put a reality check in to many of your minds as well. Never take your health for granted. The reason all this happened was because Stevie watched two minorly sick kids for a day and a half or. It really shouldn’t have been any big deal….. but it has turned into a struggle for life and death. That is no joke. Please be cognizant of everyone’s health around you. We take things for granted in life and this one cost us big time. Again, thank you for the prayers and keep them coming.

Last edited:
Good luck to Stevie…. I just had surgery again today….3rd time in 12 months but nothing compared to what you guys are going through except that I do understand how precious your health is…..too many people take it for granted.

Trusting in the Lord on this Wis, He is Always Good. GOD identified Himself as Jehovah Rapha. " I'm the Healer "

Hey guys! It's Jenn (formerly TripleK- which had NOTHING to do with the Ku Klux Klan! oopsey bad name pick back in the day)

Anyway- Wisz's daughter, StevieLyn is about to undergo open heart surgery for the 4th time so keep him and his fam in your thoughts and if you're a prayin' man or woman- send up a prayer or two for her.

You got this, Stevielyn! (I stole Melissa's pic from Twitter, Steve- hope you don't mind!) thinking about you guys!
View attachment 56285
Thoughts and prayers are with you guys I'll ask the big guy tonight to keep an eye on her....

Hey all- I received a text from a MM friend and he heard of my daughters surgery from this post. Thank u TripkeK for asking for the prayers. It’s kind of a long story but many of you know that my 24-year-old daughter has had multiple open-heart surgeries and has needed her aortic valve replaced a couple of times. About 2 1/2 weeks ago she was babysitting an infant and a three-year-old for a friend of hers. It waIt’s kind of a long story but many of you know that my 24-year-old daughter has had multiple open-heart surgeries and has needed her aortic valve replaced a couple of times. About 2 1/2 weeks ago she was babysitting an infant and a three-year-old for a friend of hers. Those kids were a little sick… Clear boogers and it really wasn’t anything major. Stevie watched them for a day and a half and the next day she started feeling ill. On the following Thursday she noticed she was getting worse. My dad and I left for Wyoming on the 13th as opening day was Friday the 15th. Luckily we had service and my wife called me Friday night saying Stevie was hospitalized and she’d give me an update in the morning. At about 8 AM, my dad and I were out looking for deer and we got the text that Stevie has a blood infection and it’s getting serious. We immediately went back to camp, loaded up and headed for home. I got home Saturday at about noon and she still in the hospital. On Monday, her current cardiologist along with the cardiologist at our local hospital decided it was necessary to move down to UCLA where they could do a TEE. The problem is that there were no beds available at UCLA. It wasn’t until Wednesday evening that she was able to get a bed at UCLA. It wasn’t until Friday morning that they were able to get the TEE done and it showed a major infection in Stevie‘s heart. It’s called endocarditis. The surgeons tell us the plan and surgery will happen on Monday morning. Here’s what she needs done… The aortic valve that had been replaced in 2019 now needs to be removed and any infection needs to be cut out of the heart and the graft material. Her tricuspid valve needs to be replaced due to severe leakage. She needs to have her pacemaker and it’s leads to the heart removed and have leads from her heart out her stomach to an external pacemaker until after she heals where they will go back in and put a pacemaker under her chest muscle. Surgery started today at roughly 10:30AM and we’ve been getting updates every 2 1/2 hours from the surgery room. The last one we got was about 15 minutes ago and she is still on the bypass machine so they are still working on putting all of the pieces back together on her heart. From what I’ve been explained to us, there’s got to still be at least 2 1/2 hours worth of work that needs to be done. Please pray for Stevie but also the surgeons who are going to be working way past what they had expected.

This is a huge lesson learned for us and Stevie and our family. Maybe this will put a reality check in to many of your minds as well. Never take your health for granted. The reason all this happened was because Stevie watched two minorly sick kids for a day and a half or. It really shouldn’t have been any big deal….. but it has turned into a struggle for life and death. That is no joke. Please be cognizant of everyone’s health around you. We take things for granted in life and this one cost us big time. Again, thank you for the prayers and keep them coming.
Got any updates? I hope she is recovering nicely.

I pray the procedure went well last night Steve & you and your wife were both able to get some rest. God bless you all & I will keep praying your daughter.

Praying for the Wisz Family!

Hope All Goes Well!

And JENNY The HBIC Finally CHIMES In!:D
Damn straight & the HBIC is gonna kick your elkASSasin the next time I see you. I've got a nice trench all dug out- ready for you to do your thang for my she-shed- and you just might "fall" into it.... ;-)

Here’s an update… We finally were greeted by the head surgeon at about 12:30 am last night/this morning and he had told us the surgery was complete and Stevie was in recovery. Without going into tons of detail, they did everything that they needed to do. He said it was way messier than they had planned and the infection was much worse than they had anticipated. The infection had made it difficult to remove the grafting that was done in 2019 and that took a lot more time to clean out that grafting material without taking out little pieces of the heart along with it. The blessing in this whole thing is before this procedure, she was 98% paste which means if she didn’t have a pacemaker, her heart would possibly only be half as fast or potentially not at all. We were shocked when he told us that the heart works perfectly without the pacemaker. They ended up not having time to put a new pacemaker in but did run leads out through her abdomen for an external pacemaker at this time. He said it’s not even need it but it’ll be good to have. He told us to get a good nights sleep because she would probably be on a ventilator and into baited until late today. We felt we needed to sleep somewhere where we had service so we did not sleep in the parking garage into the hospital tonight. Rather, we drove to Lot 11 and UCLA which, ironically is the softball parking lot. We ended up going to sleep around 2:15 AM. I got a phone call this morning at 6:48 saying that Stevie is off of the ventilator and is alert. It took about two minutes to gather ourselves and wrapped everything up in the back of the Tahoe and drove the four minutes down to the hospital. My wife is in with her now as they are only allowing one visitor per patient a time. She seems to be doing well.
I’m a firm believer that prayers work and God listens. Thanks to all of you guys and prayed, you had a hand in this and my family and I thank you.
She will probably need to be here 10 days or so to make sure that the infection is completely gone and that her heart is working properly. We are just glad we’re on the backside of surgery and if god is willing, we’ll be driving her home by next weekend.

Here’s an update… We finally were greeted by the head surgeon at about 12:30 am last night/this morning and he had told us the surgery was complete and Stevie was in recovery. Without going into tons of detail, they did everything that they needed to do. He said it was way messier than they had planned and the infection was much worse than they had anticipated. The infection had made it difficult to remove the grafting that was done in 2019 and that took a lot more time to clean out that grafting material without taking out little pieces of the heart along with it. The blessing in this whole thing is before this procedure, she was 98% paste which means if she didn’t have a pacemaker, her heart would possibly only be half as fast or potentially not at all. We were shocked when he told us that the heart works perfectly without the pacemaker. They ended up not having time to put a new pacemaker in but did run leads out through her abdomen for an external pacemaker at this time. He said it’s not even need it but it’ll be good to have. He told us to get a good nights sleep because she would probably be on a ventilator and into baited until late today. We felt we needed to sleep somewhere where we had service so we did not sleep in the parking garage into the hospital tonight. Rather, we drove to Lot 11 and UCLA which, ironically is the softball parking lot. We ended up going to sleep around 2:15 AM. I got a phone call this morning at 6:48 saying that Stevie is off of the ventilator and is alert. It took about two minutes to gather ourselves and wrapped everything up in the back of the Tahoe and drove the four minutes down to the hospital. My wife is in with her now as they are only allowing one visitor per patient a time. She seems to be doing well.
I’m a firm believer that prayers work and God listens. Thanks to all of you guys and prayed, you had a hand in this and my family and I thank you.
She will probably need to be here 10 days or so to make sure that the infection is completely gone and that her heart is working properly. We are just glad we’re on the backside of surgery and if god is willing, we’ll be driving her home by next weekend.
Awesome news my friend. Get her home and enjoy the holiday season with all your family. wishing her a speedy recovery!!!

That’s great news man! I know you & your wife have to be exhausted. Continuing with the prays for all of you & thanks so much for taking the time to update us.

I'm so happy for your family! I've been following you and your wife's posts on FB. The update of the successful surgery this morning was awesome. I was getting worried. I'll keep you guys in my prayers!

SO GLAD TO HEAR THIS! Great news. Continued prayers, Steve!

Thanks T-K for the heads-up

Sorry for the late response Steve & Family, I just got home from a week hunting in Wyoming

Prayers to ya Young Lady

Robb

Although I hate hearing stories of youngsters struggling with health issues, this is great news on the surgery and I wish her a speedy recovery! Prayers will continue!

Update on Stevie – we are still down at UCLA but Stevie is recovering nicely. The issue has been that she’s continuing to have fevers. Originally the fevers were upwards of 102 and 103°. She’s had multiple CT scans, ultrasounds and x-rays done and they see no pockets of infection. Her cultures come back negative for any infection even cultures that have been sitting on five days show no growth of infection. They took her chest tubes out and her pacer leads out thinking those foreign objects in her body may be the cause of the fevers. That has not been the case. Yesterday they changed her antibiotics so hopefully that will change Things up. She cannot be released until she has 48 hours of no fevers. Please continue to pray and hope that the doctors can find the source of the infectiothings up. She cannot be released until she has 48 hours of no fevers. Please continue to pray and hope that the doctors can find the source of the fevers. Thank you all for the continuous prayers. I’m a firm believer that they do help.

Wisz, if you are still at the hospital and need a place to stay in order to be near your daughter. Try to contact the local Kiwanis club. I know the Kiwanis maintain a apartment and 8 RV trailers at the hospital located at the CA. University at Davis and may have one where you are at. They are provided free of charge to family members that have family in the hospital for extended stays.

RELH

Wisz, if you are still at the hospital and need a place to stay in order to be near your daughter. Try to contact the local Kiwanis club. I know the Kiwanis maintain a apartment and 8 RV trailers at the hospital located at the CA. University at Davis and may have one where you are at. They are provided free of charge to family members that have family in the hospital for extended stays.

RELH
That’s nice to know… Thank you for the info. Here’s the way this has been going the last two weeks… The hospital only allows one visitor at a time per patient. The room that Stevie is in now is furnished with a bench style couch. I’ve been sleeping in the room with Stevie while my wife drives up over the hill into Sherman Oaks where we have A friend who’s got an extra room. It’s really worked out well because it gives my wife a place to unwind and get a good nights sleep. She’s pretty mentally strong but she needs the break more than I do. And the kind of guy that can wake up after only choppy sleep and function perfectly fine once I’m up and around.
The doctors made their rounds this morning and the info is pretty much the same… Just a waiting game until the fevers subside. They offered this new bit of information that even antibiotics can cause fevers but they’ll wait another seven days or so until they completely remove her from any antibiotics. That’s the riskiest move they say. I’d gladly give up seven more days in the hospital on antibiotics then try to push it and get out three days sooner risking not being on antibiotics. Doesn’t make a whole Lotta sense to me. Thanks for the continued prayers!

I am probably not in the best graces with the big man very often. All the prayers I have are headed your way though.Not for your daughter so much as you though, mr. wisz. She, very obviously, is tough as nails and smart as they come. There should be no doubt that she’ll be just fine…

You’ll be lucky to survive the stress alone. I genuinely feel for you. Just can’t imagine.

Update- Stevie will be released tomorrow so we’ll be home after 24 days at UCLA. She’ll have a picc line where she’ll require 4 more weeks of IV antibiotics. She is very happy that she finally gets to come home. Thanks to all of you who prayed for her well being. It really means a lot to me and my family.

Update- Stevie will be released tomorrow so we’ll be home after 24 days at UCLA. She’ll have a picc line where she’ll require 4 more weeks of IV antibiotics. She is very happy that she finally gets to come home. Thanks to all of you who prayed for her well being. It really means a lot to me and my family.
Wonderful news to read about. I'm very glad for you and your family.

Wiszard you just made our day with that good news. Make sure she gets a dish of her favorite ice cream.

RELH

Glad to hear she’s coming home Steve. Been thinking about you and your family. Was deleting old texts yesterday and came across your Bull pics and was hoping things were going in a good direction. Was going to text but didn’t want to bother you. Thanks for the updates and prayers for more positive news.

Stevo…. I had a picc line for the last 12 out of 18 months…. My wife has been my “at home nurse”…. If you have any questions give me a call or text me….. So glad you guys are headed home…. I think the longest I was in the hospital was about 18 days but it’s a HUGE accomplishment and and even bigger boost to her and everyone else’s mental well being just getting out of the damn hospital.…. So happy for you guys to get past this first hurdle. Prayin for the Wisz clan.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom