Keltec

mightyhunter

Very Active Member
I was out with a friend the other day doing some target shooting. He was shooting a recently purchased Keltec .22 SA pistol that holds 33 rounds. He told me that the first one he had purchased had a cracked frame and he returned it. The one he had just acquired was shooting all over the place. There were a lot of keyhole marks in the splat target and the grouping was horrible. After stripping the pistol down, he discovered that the brand new pistol had no rifling in the barrel. That is a quality control issue that should never happen. Fortunately, the dealer took the pistol back and refunded his money. Has anyone else had these kind of problems with Keltec manufactured firearms? just wondering...mh

That sounds funny at first but I'm sure it's not too funny for your buddy....except that he got his money back so the dealer took care of him well.
Seems like the one-off brand isn't up to snuff with their quality control. The smooth bore is funny but the cracked frame could be down-right dangerous!!!
Time to move along with a different pistol.
Good luck to your bud, Mr MH.

Zeke

I have a couple of Grendel P30s, made by the same guy who makes Grendel. One is unfired. The other one has never failed.

Reading Is Fundamental

Kel Tec and Grendel are made by the same guy. It is my recollection that he quit making the Grendel P30, and the more desirable (to collectors) carbine because of Clinton's magazine ban.

I carried my Grendel as part of my optional 5lbs of gear during my time in the desert. It never failed.

ah yes......I suspected that but couldn't resist hammering you....you're cryptic....lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom