Kenetrek boots

Hatrick

I got a pair of kenetrek boots, paid $480.00 3 years ago.. I only use them to elk hunt. So i have only worn them maybe 75-80 days and only have been in wet weather a handful of times. Couple days ago I wore them after it rained and was in soaking wet grass. They leaked like i was wearing a screen for boots. I wrang out my socks and the water dripped out. Truly dissapointed with Kenetrek what a joke and waste of money. Anyone else have issues with Kenejunk leaking?- Brad

Sportsmans wharehouse has Kenetreks wax for the boots. I use it after each season ending on my boots. Mine have never leaked.

My Mnt extemes fell apart on a lava flow in Hawaii, 2nd yr of use. The sole separated frm one of the boots.Sent pics and description to Kenetrek and never got a reply frm them. I now use a different brand. They also leaked the 1st year on a Kodiak hunt.

Ive owned mibe now for 5 yrs. Oil them once a year and have never leaked. I cross the river snd streams in them with my gaiters on as well with no issues. I'll have a second pair once these are wore out.

I’ve honestly had pretty bad luck with kenetreks when it comes to durability. Started running them back in 2011. Blew out the first two pairs in the first year and the 3rd pair made it through a whole season for me. Switched boots brands moving forward but got put in a pickle last year when my boots were lost by the airline while on a hunt and the best thing I could dig up in town before the hunt started was a pair of mountain extremes. Finished out the remainder of last year with them to give them another chance so far they’ve held up but they haven’t been through the abuse of a full season and I’ve alternated other boots around them. My issues over the years with them has been the toes always falling part and the seams where the rubber and leather meet splitting which causes leaks. I’ve also found that kenetreks soles are soft compared to other high end boots that use vibram soles. Typically for me the k-talons on kenetreks are worn down flat after a hundred miles or so… which always caused me to send them back year after year. Had much better luck with Crispi, zamberlan and scarpa over the years but I will give kenetrek the out of the box/ease of break in period compared to the European boots

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom