Kenetrek's Used Boots Review

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Well, after watching a man using Kenetrek's to hunt with this past year I decided to see what they were all about. After trying on a new pair, and they were really stiff. That $500 price tag and not knowing how they would be. I decided to go with used, so went to Ebay and found my size, placed a bid, and presto, they were at the house. By the way, 90% heals and looked great. They came from Kenetreks. (Sanitized them real well) They must have been returns for some reason. Anyway, for 40% of a new boot cost I decided to give them a try anyway. I put them on with my hunting socks and walked around the house and outside, they felt great. Someone had broken them in. They fit my foot well. The test was, I have a turkey hunt and I would use them for it. (Just in case I brought my other boots along as well). Well, I'm glad I got them. They were nice and comfortable. I was in wet snow/mud most of the time and no issues with leakage, as others have said they had. What I liked the most was no more traction issues while walking. My Danners seemed to slip and slide allot on different types of ground conditions and I seemed sometime to be going 3 steps forward and 1 step back when traveling uphills. When I was started hiking, I found that the boots hiked up on my heals. I re-laced them, made them a little tighter around the ankle, and never had the same issue. No foot fatigue. no leakage, at least on this trip. But, I like the way they felt on my foot. Just my 2 cents. Anyone have any thoughts of used boots off Ebay?

Yeah I did that 6 or 7 years ago when they first started doing that on ebay. Got a pair for 50.00 . Nobody else bid. Liked them so well I bought a new pair. Every hunting season I say I'm going to use the new ones but my old ebay pair is still hanging in there. Soles are pretty worn so maybe this year I'll break out the new ones.

I've bought a few pairs of the used Kenetreks off Ebay and have been very pleased with them. Two of the pairs I paid less than $200 per pair and they were virtually brand new. Now, if I could just find the same deal on Crispi boots.?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom