Kent Kaiser Alaskan Quest

>Has anybody used Kent Kaiser for
>a self guided moose hunt?
>If so I was looking
>for some feedback. Thanks

I have been doing a ton of research on a DIY moose hunt lately as well and Kent's name seems to be popping up a fair amount. Let me know if you find anything out and i'll do the same for you.

>Has anybody used Kent Kaiser for
>a self guided moose hunt?
>If so I was looking
>for some feedback. Thanks

I have been doing a ton of research on a DIY moose hunt lately as well and Kent's name seems to be popping up a fair amount. Let me know if you find anything out and i'll do the same for you.
So did you use Kent? Thoughts?

I spoke to him earlier this yr about a DYI float moose hunt. He was in Hawaii getting ready to go on his morning beach walk. He answered all my questions effortlessly. I got the impression that he is wealthy already and really "that good", or he doesn't really care anymore. The trips he offered included $600 round trip flight credit, your moose tag, raft rental, sat phone, and 1 night hotel on both end of the trip. I didn't include flying a moose out, if you get one.
That was a quick summary of my notes, while on the phone with him. If you are watching a budget, it seemed like it was budget friendly. But in the back of my mind I wondered if you are one of a thousand being dropped off on the same river. I don't know that, and I am interested in others experience.
In the end, we decided to do a Caribou hunt with another service as our gateway into Alaska hunting. I think a DYI moose hunt off a raft is a ton of work. Add that to the shear size of a moose, and if you were lucky enough to get one, you might spend more time packing and repacking than hunting. It's all part of the adventure I hope to have in the next few yrs, but we decided to start learning AK with Caribou.

^sound advice. He couldn’t get a sheep DIY so he came back guided. Always good to know your limitations

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom