Kids and antelope 2012

dwalton

Very Active Member
Like I've said before, kids and antelope hunting go together like peas and carrots. Had 2 great hunts this past week. The first was with my 13 yr old daughter this past Wednesday. With her first buck tag in hand we set out to find her a decent one. We made a great stalk, and she connected on a 100 yard shot. She was extremely happy with her first buck antelope!
8379img_0114.jpg

7134img_0118.jpg

The next trip had the whole family out looking for more antelope. A friend and his daughters went along. My friend had secured some private land held quite a few pronghorn. My son and I make a long stalk, and after a couple of excited misses, he settled in and dropped his first buck.
4244img_0134.jpg

The group picked us up, and with more antelope spotted; the hunt was on again. My wife decided this buck was big enough, and dropped him in his tracks. Within 10 minutes we had 2 bucks down.
1390img_0121.jpg

I love antelope hunting with kids! The action is fast, there are plenty of animals to keep their attention, and the weather is usually fantastic. Both of my children have doe tags, so we'll be able to chase a few more before the most incredible season of early fall in Wyoming draws to a close.

Best of luck to all in their pursuits in 2012!

It looks like you guys had an amazing family hunt and all shot great bucks. Congrats to all of you, and good luck on the rest of your fall hunts.

great pics of the kids, thanks for sharing....thought i would share a pic of my daughters 1st antelope last week
612mary.jpg

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Dave, congrats to the whole family on their Lope hunts. I leave here in 3 weeks headed to Casper area for our Lope & Deer hunt.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom