Kimber or Christensen

hornkiller

Long Time Member
Looking to get a kimber or Christensen. 280 A.I.

Or another similar priced rig.
Any input is greatly appreciated!

37205hornkiller.jpg

I'm listening here as well. Got the 7-08 (kimber, ho hum on paper) and the stw. Seems like I have to big a gap there. :)

Anyone have the savage with the 26" barrel? Maybe mounted on another chassis...

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Wow sounds like kimber should stick to pistols!

Bigjohnt I checked out the "Seekins Precision Havak" looks like a very nice setup! Do you own one of those rifles?

37205hornkiller.jpg

>Never heard of it big johnt.
>
>
>What's it all about?
>
37205hornkiller.jpg

You can order a custom gun from them. Threw their custom shop. You may have to if they don't offer a 280 AI. But they also sell guns threw Cabelas and other outlets. So it's like getting a custom gun over the counter.Maybe just a little higher priced then a regular rifle but not as high as a full custom gun without the wait. I have been looking at a Havak Element they offer in 6.5 PRC .
Also Tikka makes a really accurate gun. Shooting really good right out of the box's. I have heard mixed reviews from people that have bought Christensen rifles and Kimber. I don't feel good about a rifle if it doesn't shoot at least clover leaf's at 100 yards. Or one jagged hole groups. :)

Bought a Kimber Pro Hunter Octane
In 6.5 CM exclusively sold by Cabela?s.
Tried to cycle Federal Fusion 140 factory ammunition and the bolt would not close. Returned it to Cabela?s who did not believe me and Cabela?s finally
Sent it off for evaluation.
Rifle was returned and repair stated it was within specs! Rifle again still did not easily close bolt on same ammunition!
Demanded a replacement from Cabela?s after much back and forth and Went through ?another? Same configuration model and caliber.
Same problem. Rifle returned to Kimber.
Returned with same problem not being fixed.
Both returned Rifles were also not free floated properly As well as still not cycling ammunition regarding closing the bolt.
Much back and forth with Kimber and Cabela?s from August through October and rifles still not repaired. Kimber?s final response was that the rifles were within specifications! Go figure!
Don?t waste your money, time and frustration at least on this platform and obviously customer service and Kimber?s ?non-repair? smithing!

>Never heard of it big johnt.
>
>
>What's it all about?
>
37205hornkiller.jpg

Sounds like you know a lot about rifles. And scopes. mtmuley

I'll add to it; kimbers are junk. Of the two I would go Christensen. Christensen has really came along way and the last two rifles I've put my hands on from them (7mm and 28 nos) have shot lights out. Honestly if you're set on a 280ai and want to save yourself a little money and get something that flat out shoots get the savage long range hunter.

Coloradoboy

K22hornet! Yes, tried Hornady 143 ELD-X and Remington 140 Core-Lokts as well!
Had initially purchased these three brands to experiment with for the best
Result.
Federal Fusion 140s were the worst and the other two has less cycling problems but still had issues.

"Sounds like you know a lot about rifles. And scopes. mtmuley"

Lmao I never claimed to be an expert! All I know is I've been with 3 people that had malfunctions with JUNK Leupold scopes costing them animals. Yes they all threw them away! I put a high end Leupold next to there low end model redfield scope and would take the redfield! Dont you think the eye relief should be alot better on a scope that cost that much?

I never asked opinions on what scopes are good I asked about 2 different brands of rifles. I already know what's going on top of my new rig. So you can talk all you want about your bada$$ Leupold scopes but they will never get my $$$ for that cheap junk!

37205hornkiller.jpg

Coloradoboy
I own a savage and it does shoot lights out and have never had a problem!

Might have to check it out thanks for the input!

37205hornkiller.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-19 AT 05:49PM (MST)[p]>
>"Sounds like you know a lot
>about rifles. And scopes. mtmuley"
>
>
>
>Lmao I never claimed to be
>an expert! All I know
>is I've been with 3
>people that had malfunctions with
>JUNK Leupold scopes costing them
>animals. Yes they all threw
>them away! I put a
>high end Leupold next to
>there low end model redfield
>scope and would take the
>redfield! Dont you think the
>eye relief should be alot
>better on a scope that
>cost that much?
>
>I never asked opinions on what
>scopes are good I asked
>about 2 different brands of
>rifles. I already know what's
>going on top of my
>new rig. So you can
>talk all you want about
>your bada$$ Leupold scopes but
>they will never get my
>$$$ for that cheap junk!
>
>
>
>
>
>
37205hornkiller.jpg

OK killer. Never said Leupolds were badass. Scopes aside, I'd look at a Remington AWR in 7mm Remington with the 5R barrel. And I'd put a VX5 HD on top of it. If you want cheap junk, go Vortex. The internet is you're friend. mtmuley

>OK killer. Never said Leupolds were
>badass. Scopes aside, I'd look
>at a Remington AWR in
>7mm Remington with the 5R
>barrel. And I'd put a
>VX5 HD on top of
>it. If you want cheap
>junk, go Vortex. The internet
>is you're friend. mtmuley

I've had a Remington 870 for 21 years. It's never let me down never jammed on me neither.
Even took 2nd place with the old girl in league shoots this year against really high dollar scatter guns!

I also had a brand new Remington .300 that dam near took a rock to cycle a round. It got sold after a box of bullets! Maybe it was the model? I'm gonna go ahead and pass on a Remington rifle unless it was fully custom and half free! As for the Leupold on top I wouldn't do that even if you paid me?

37205hornkiller.jpg

HK,

I'm having a 280 ai built myself right now by TS Custom Rifles in South Dakota.

It's going to have:

Lone Peak Arms Fuzion Ti
McMillan Game Hunter Edge Fill
PROOF Research Sendero Lite
Triggertech Special
Hawkins Precision BDL & Brake

We should talk once you get it and share load info.

I have a classic wood stock Kimber, loved it in the past even though it can't compete with the best for accuracy, but last year I had a major problem with the firing pin not denting a primer enough to fire the ammo (in cold weather). Then I read where they have had some problems with the firing pin spring, when I called them they denied that and suggested I clean it, probably had less than 200 rounds through it

Also was on a hunt this fall, another guy in camp had a brand new Kimber 375, but it would not feed properly so it was a single shot

I won't be buying another

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom