Kind of a Mixed Bag Tonight

Blank

Long Time Member
Girls card game tomorrow night. Sweet Tooth cleaned house all day, and I'm not allowed to fry anything "stinky" for dinner. How about the oven then, for finger steaks and fries? Maybe one burner to sautée my shrimp in garlic butter and Magic Dust?? Maybe that great garden salad from this morning??? Super strong horseradish seafood sauce doesn't smell either, and so what if it makes your eyes tear and your sinuses burn!!!!!! Oh hell, air it out again in the morning!!!

0346A646-5F10-4D53-9A83-C42E7DD32486_1_201_a.jpeg

97FFF025-0FEC-474E-9183-A9EF1681794F_1_201_a.jpeg

22AE43BD-292A-4710-B4A1-E43E8C3388FB_1_201_a.jpeg

C978EA76-4BF7-4AFB-A2AE-F844CDF7649B_1_201_a.jpeg

I love finger steaks, and had never had them until coming West almost 50 years ago. Thought it was just an Idaho thing for many years!

Anyway, if I'm doing a whole mess of them with the propane burner and 12" Dutch, I'll make extras and freeze for future meals. Warms up in the oven great, and no oil smell. You can also flour and freeze for frying in the future too.

One of the secrets of fried food. Our local grocery does the best fried chicken I have ever eaten. I asked their secret, and their coating method. They double dredge the meat, and refrigerate 30 minutes before cooking. When I asked about the flour she apologized and said it came in 20# bags so she didn't know anymore.

She showed me the ingredient list, and let me photo it, and also she said it was whole wheat flour instead of white AP. Sold me a quart of it for a buck, so I could try to duplicate it.

Whole wheat flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and a little corn starch seems to be a close match. I like it!!

Girls card game tomorrow night. Sweet Tooth cleaned house all day, and I'm not allowed to fry anything "stinky" for dinner. How about the oven then, for finger steaks and fries? Maybe one burner to sautée my shrimp in garlic butter and Magic Dust?? Maybe that great garden salad from this morning??? Super strong horseradish seafood sauce doesn't smell either, and so what if it makes your eyes tear and your sinuses burn!!!!!! Oh hell, air it out again in the morning!!!

View attachment 55693

View attachment 55694

View attachment 55695

View attachment 55696
Finger steaks are a family favorite, my two 6'4" grandsons can put that stuff away and my granddaughter will not be outdone LOL great job Chef Blank

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom