Klamath falls muzzy deer

sledriders

I am from Colorado and am thinking about burning all my 15 NR points on the 132M muzzeloader deer hunt.I don't know anything about the area, can anyone give me advice on the hunt or general areas to hunt for this 10-28 to 11-05 pre rut hunt. I can give any big game info for southwestern colorado if needed. thanks,heath

Don't waste your time and $ on the ridiculous non resident tag money on any hunt in Oregon especially for deer and I'm serious!!!!

By the time you spend all the $ to get here and the out of state License and tag I GUARANTEE you will be disappointed in your hunt!!!

Oregon has NO DEER!!!! Every unit is 70% below management objective!!!!

>Don't waste your time and $
>on the ridiculous non resident
>tag money on any hunt
>in Oregon especially for deer
>and I'm serious!!!!
>
>By the time you spend all
>the $ to get here
>and the out of state
>License and tag I GUARANTEE
>you will be disappointed in
>your hunt!!!
>
>Oregon has NO DEER!!!! Every unit
>is 70% below management objective!!!!
>

You are right about the deer situation but with 15 points he has invested I understand. Fact of the matter is no unit in Oregon is worth that much but you have to use he points someday and no one lives forever. I spoke with Heath on the phone he's a good man.

the Oregon mule deer situation sounds just like south western Colorado, very dismal and we don't have wolves here yet, last year was the first time we did see even one deer fawn around our property so in 5 years or less I don' think we will have any deer left with no fawn recruitment.
I am now leaning towards the Columbia whitetail N banks hunt because its a rare and different species to hunt and hopefully they aren't over hunted there, I would be happy with getting get a nice average representative buck of that unique whitetail. any tips on that hunt would also be very much appreciated. ,thank all

That is a better choice. I would not come from Colorado to Oregon to hunt Muleys.

Whitetail or Blacktail is a much better choice.

If Hunting and Angling Ended
There is no alternative funding system
in place to replace the potential lost
funds for conservation. If hunting and
angling end, funding for wildlife
conservation, including enforcement of
all wildlife laws, will be jeopardized.
Hunters, anglers and shooters actively
support wildlife conservation through
tangible actions such as buying licenses
and paying taxes on hunting, fishing and
shooting equipment. Why are hunters and
anglers so willing to support
conservation through their pocketbooks?
Because people place added value on ?
and are willing to pay for ? what they
can use.

+ 1 on the Whitetail or Blacktail hunt. Sorry man you seem like a good guy but seriously Oregon just does not have one MD buck to spare at the moment!

I have talked to many residents who wasted 18-23 points on a late season Muzz hunt in the Juniper unit thinking finally they would get a big buck. Problem is the hunt has 39% success.

Sure it's only 13 tags but HOLY COW! Most other states with that many points you would think 100% success would be every year. Nope not in Oregon, simply put we don't have the 13 mature bucks that ODFW is issuing the tags for.

Back
Top Bottom