KNIFE MAKER

Comules

Does anyone know who made this knife? The blade has JW on it and the sheath say Chet's Twin Falls Idaho
Thanks for any info

368061ska1tu3ti6nal5gv4iefg.jpg

89743wbky83pqeu7x9cd0tsca.jpg

86186johpmx2gquwpw76da8hqza.jpg

The only "J.W." I could find was J.W. Randall. That appears to be a carbon steel knife and J.W. Randall does forge knives from high carbon steel. As for the sheath, I think you have one person making the knife and another person made the sheath. Some knife makers do not make their own sheaths and buy sheaths from a leather sheath maker.

You will have to contact J.W. Randall and sent him a picture of the knife to ascertain if he is the maker. Just google J.W. Randall and you will find his web site on facebook.

RELH

RELH

THANKS! I have had the knife for probably 35 yrs or more it was given to me by a friend that lived in Buhl Idaho by Twin Falls and he has since died so I was just wondering who made the knife. I came across it this year when I was putting my stuff together for my hunt. I will contact J.W. Randall and see if it's one of his knives.

Thanks Again!

Honor your late friend. Make sure the edge is sharp and take the knife with you on your hunt and hopefully you break it in on a good game animal.

RELH

Looks like a small "butcher's steel" for touching up the edge in the field if the knife starts getting dull. Some knives also have a small magnesium fire starter that you strike with the blade to produce sparks to start a fire.

RELH

>Good looking knife. What's the
>pointy thing used for?

Todd,
It's a small sharpening steel.
I still have not emailed you but I will get around to it still unpacking.

Wagoner..the pointy thing is for stabbing yourself in the leg when you are all excited about killing your first B&C critter...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom