Knight Bighorn Problems

muzzhunter

I recently bought a knight bighorn rifle. On the first trip to te range I found out that the sights would not adjust enough to get me to even 100 yds. I was barely above the bullseye at 50. Has anyone else had any similar problems?

Hey muzzhunter,

I shoot the Bighorn. Last year I put a peep sight on, but prior to that I was using the sights that came with the gun and they seemed to be OK. I had it sighted in at 4 inches high at 100 yards.

I really like the new peep sight and fiber optic front bead.

Later,

Brian

Are you stuck on using the sights? If not try a red dot scope. I used them and realy liked it.

I got a Bighorn for xmas last year. I shot it a few times with the factory sights and had no problem. I did stick a 1x scope on it though and so far I like it alot better.

Mark

I've had the same problem with mine. I put a peep on the rear and it is about dead on at 100yds, but that's as high as I can get it. It's been a pain in the arss for sure. I spoke with knight, but they weren't any help. It's a good shooting gun, but the sight deal really bugs me. I don't want to put a scope on it because the smaller scopes aren't any good in low light. Try the peep it should get you a little higher. Good luck!

What peep sight are you guys using? I have an Aimpoint red dot that I will use depending on the hunt. Have to see what works for my kid though as he will use it this year.

Try Thompson center they make sights for aot of different makes. Last week we had the same problem with the new Omega shooting heavy sabots they send out a lower front sight, works like a charm, If you can't find a shorter sight, you can mill it down yourself with a small grinder,Just don't get it to short.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I ended up getting a red dot scope. I think it will work pretty well. I didn't really want one but Knight didn't have any help for me. I like the scope though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom