Kodiak Fishing

philthy

Hey everyone,

Found out today I'm crewing a flight to Kodiak week after next and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a halibut charter? We're flying in to and staying in Kodiak. We're getting paid for a day off, so going fishing sounds like a plan lol. If anyone has a good recommendation, please let me know.

Thanks!
Phil

Gary Salter...Magnum Charters.

Went with him a couple years ago, caught several hundred pounds of fish.

We went with Fish N Chips Charters yesterday and had an AWESOME time! Limited out on halibut in less than an hour at Whale Passage, about a 2 hour cruise for St Paul Harbor. Lots of cod before we picked up and cruised halfway back to Kodiak City. Fished 5 minutes and boated 16 rockfish (black sea bass). Unfortunately, we had to cut the trip short for an early return to Albuquerque. Island Seafoods did a terrific job of processing our order and it was ready this morning before we left. I'm already planning another trip next summer with Dave Ardinger. Couldn't ask for a better person to fish with. Shots of Jameson and beer in his yard next to the hotel and a 2 minute walk from the boat. Couldn't be better!

7549028.jpg

6149023.jpg

2647027.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-13 AT 01:11PM (MST)[p]Kodiak Island Charters

His boat is the U-Rascal

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom