kowa 664ed spotting scope

tailchasers

Long Time Member
Anyone have any experience with this particular optic? Can't do the German glass but have reviewed favorable opinions about Kowa but not so much about the model 664ed.

Thanks in advance.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-16 AT 07:58AM (MST)[p]Mine's the angled 663M but I love it. It's very light, and clarity is outstanding all the way to 60x. Plus I got a good enough deal on it that I sold my swaro 80mm. The swaro was better, partly because of the bigger objective, partly cause it's swaro, but for what I use it for, the difference was negligible.

Kind of minor, but I don't like the objective lens cap. It's threaded and screws into the sun shade. It takes like 20 turns to get it off. Kind of a pain if you're in a hurry at first light.

I have the Kowa 884 with the 25 to 60 wide angle eye piece ,, It is big and heavy but gin clear, i did a red neck comparison between a 65 swaro and 85 swaro and my kowa at a sporting good store that did not sell Kowas, hands down the kowa was the clear winner, even the sales rep was blown away, check them out i am glad i did

How is this series to use with glasses. Does the narrow FOV at or jear fill power create issues with glass wearer's?

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

The 700 and 800 series uses the same eye piece, 25 to 60 power , even on 60 power the eye relief is great, kowas are hard to find in a retail setting, not sure why,, no regrets on buying one

I have the 663ed and love it! The threaded cap is kinda a pain but my only small issue with it is a slightly narrow FOV. Very clear scope the whole way to 60x and super light weight. I have a Swaro ATX, Meopta S2 and a Vortex Skyline but the 663 is hands down the best bang for the buck. Yes the ATX and S2 are better but not by much and they cost much much more.

I also have a 663ed 20-60x. This was an upgrade from a Burris Landmark 20-60x. The Burris was a piece of crap and this Kowa is great. I have not looked through a Swarovski or Leica but I'll echo the others in saying this scope is bright and sharp out to the edges even on 60x. I have one main western hunt a year plus shooting range time. For my intended usage and budget I think I got the most scope for the money. As a side note it came with a Manfrotto tripod and fluid head which I am also very pleased with. Hanging weight underneath the tripod makes it very steady even in the wind.

NRA Life Member

www.swanspointoutfitters.com

The critters have to win every time. I only have to win once.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom