SOLD Kowa dual spotting scope Big Eyes

ClarkW

Selling a set of Kowa dual spotting scope set up. If you haven't tried using Big Eyes yet, you don't know what your missing. Really awesome mid to long range glassing option without the weight of bulkiness of Highlanders or BTX. Comes with 2 Kowa Prominar TSN-664 spotting scopes mounted in a bracket to keep them collimated (lined up for 1 field of view) and a Pelican hard case. Eye pieces are 30x wide angle. Other eyepieces available through Kowa (extra eyepiece in picture not included). Can ship if needed for actual cost. $2675. Please message with any questions.

DSC00560.thumb.JPG.61a389507a5edda4029bcf02082c2d35.JPG

DSC00558.thumb.JPG.271f3ec6ea5be65db2651aa456daefaf.JPG

I have only looked through the BTX a couple times. I do know someone who has both and he said he feels the Kowa dual spotters are brighter and easier to pack (1 persons opinion). They are also straight eye pieces so you can sit down lower with them than the BTX. Although it isn't an exact comparision, I think you can do an internet search for Jay Scott Outdoors and he compares Swaro dual spotters to the BTX. You can also find some threads on the Swaros compared to the Kowa (which you may be surprised on how they compare). I'm located in Arizona.

The twinn kowas should definitely be brighter than the btx because you are using two full spotting scope barrels or objective lenses and two separate eye pieces compared to one btx objective lense. The beauty of the btx is that you can use the 115mm objective for more light gathering capability or you can use the 65mm objective for a lightweight big eye. The beauty of the kowa twin spotters is the light gathering capability of two separate scopes married together. The btx has only one focus point and the twin spotters has two separate focus points. The btx will sit lower on the tripod because you have to look down into the angled eyepieces. When it sits lower on the tripod then there is more stability. Both are great optics and you cannot go wrong with either choice. Fatrooster

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom