Kowa Spotting Scope?

ZaneG

I'm looking at buying a Kowa 880 spotting scope. I've been looking at the used market to try and save some money. I have found a few that seem to be decent deals but some of them are 6 to 10 years old. Have they been making them the same with the same quality glass? If I buy one that is 10 years old, will it be the same quality glass and everything as the new ones? Thanks in advance for the info.

Nothing has changed since they started making the 88 series. Just make sure you find one that hasn’t been abused. If it’s in good condition, there’s no reason a 10 year old model shouldn’t perform flawlessly. Make sure you get the wide angle zoom eyepiece te-11wz.

We've had ours for about 10 years and it's been great the whole time. I'd make sure you have the chance to look through it before you buy any glass. Maybe take someone else's high end optics to compare the two so you know what you are getting. When we bought our 88 we compared it to a Swaro and we were pleasantly surprised!

My hunting partner has a kowa 88 and it is extremely sharp glass. He got his a couple years ago but if it still has the pure fluorite glass I’m sure it’s the same scope. Doesn’t get better

I have both the 66mm and 88mm Kowa spotting scopes and they're extremely good glass. I think you'll be very pleased with your purchase.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom