Kuiu guide pants?

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
I'm going on a mid-october backpack hunt for 6 days. The weather should be highs in the mid 50s and at night lows in the mid 20s. I want to take my guide pants but a little worried I'll be sweating pretty bad when I'm hiking. I could take my Alpine pants and put thermals on underneath when it gets cold. The Alpine pants are not warm at all however. Anybody done some major hiking in the guide pants in this type of weather?

Hey griz,
I think a lot depends on what you do after your "major hiking".
If you are sitting glassing for hours you may want the guide pants, but if you will be moving some maybe stuff your thermals in the pack and throw them one once you stop.
I hate trying to glass when I'm cold, so there are trade offs. Sometimes I will also throw on my rain gear to keep warm as well.
Best of luck

Had the same thoughts, I will be glassing the majority of the day. The guide pants do have hip vents. Just wondering if I will be sweating like crazy. Nothing worse than freezing when you are glassing.

Had the same thoughts, I will be glassing the majority of the day. The guide pants do have hip vents. Just wondering if I will be sweating like crazy. Nothing worse than freezing when you are glassing.
If you have the tag that I think you do, you'll sweat to death in KUIU guide pants. Alpine pants and a zip off base layer will be a much better choice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom