KUIU ULTRASTAR 1p tent

HuntsKnez

I'm in the market for a new 1 man tent this year. The KUIU ULTRASTAR 1 p seems like it has a fair price tag on it considering the weight and material it is made of . If it can hold up to the elements.

If any of you guys or your buddies run this tent I would greatly appritiate your input/reviews.

Thanks

My hunting pard uses this tent. Held up good to Nevada ruby mountains wind and rain. It's downfall is single wall so condensation builds up inside. It looks cool at night when you hit it with light, it has reflectors built in. The other thing is when you set it up then want to go hike if you want your trek pole you have to let the tent down. Very nice light tent for minimalist. Personally I prefer a double wall.

Ya, seems like the end vent got 1/2 covered with his bag and if there's no air movement at night no matter what the condensation still gathered in spots.

Don't get me wrong this tent is an awesome little tent. But single wall tents won't stay as dry as dual layer. Dual layer won't be as lightweight as single. Pick your poison.

Right . There is no getting around condensation unless you have a fly. What about the durability of the tent? How do you think it would perform under snowy conditions ?? Thanks for your input

Well it's a 3 season tent. Not made for snow loads, but I would imagine it would do ok with a little snow as its strength comes from a vertical pole and the tall pitch sides won't accumulate much.

Kenz I watch a youtube video of some Kuiu guys on a Nv hunt. They were going through there gear talking about it etc, at the same time they were drying out there sleeping bags outside their tent. I asked what failed? They said a single wall tent can only take so much rain.

I have the 1p and I like it . Being a single wall tent there will be some condensation but it's not horrible . The only issue I've had with mine is the stakes . They are basically junk . If you try to pound them into rocky soil they WILL break. I got some that are similar to what KUIU sends with the tent but at Walmart of all places . They are longer and much more durable, only 75 cents each

not to knock the KUiU tent but check out Big agnes tents as well, I have a ultra-light that I used in Alaska religiously for 10 day trips 3 years in a row and it held up to rain,wind,snow u name it! Big Agnes ultra-light flycreek model. your welcome

>I have the 1p and I
>like it . Being a
>single wall tent there will
>be some condensation but it's
>not horrible . The only
>issue I've had with mine
>is the stakes . They
>are basically junk . If
>you try to pound them
>into rocky soil they WILL
>break. I got some that
>are similar to what KUIU
>sends with the tent but
>at Walmart of all places
>. They are longer and
>much more durable,
>only 75 cents each

Hey pollock your the one I'm talking about!

I have a couple of single wall tents from Tarptent.com Check them out. I've been very pleased with my Squall and Clouburst. Both are early versions of Tarptent and by the looks of the website, new tents are upgraded and of even higher quality.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom