La Panza Elk

devobrodie

Hi All,

My wife drew the 2nd season La Panza elk this year if anyone has had any experience there and would like to share we would be excited to hear about it, She has taken several mule deer and antelope but this will be her first elk hunt. thanks. Good luck to all that drew a tag

Well, we went out and my wife got her bull, she made a perfect 285-yard shot, and after 3 loads each we had it all back to the truck, it was pretty hot, 82 degrees, so we had our work cut out for us! Now if I can ever draw a tag maybe I will get one too!
8789720191108173750.jpg

5669020191109091743.jpg

8333320191109092153.jpg

Thanks, yes La Panza bull in the Carrizo Plains National Monument, public land, but she was one of the lucky 2 that drew access to the Chimineas Ranch which is also public land but no access unless you draw the lucky ticket at the orientation.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-19 AT 05:12PM (MST)[p]

Congrats on the Nice bull and also on drawing the Chimineas ticket. Whereabouts on the Ranch did you take that bull? PM sent

30 year old horse was more tender than the LaPanza bull I tried eating.....I hope yours is better

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-19 AT 09:53AM (MST)[p]It was on the North Chimineas, she did have max points, we have had some tenderloins. some cut up chunks in chili in the crockpot, and some small scraps pan-fried in olive oil with rice so far, the taste is very good, a couple of bites have been a bit chewy, that's what crock pots are for! My wife normally likes deer quite a bit better than elk, but she thinks this elk is by far the best-flavored elk she has ever had.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom