La Sal Muzzy!

Coltonsoldman

I drew the La Sal elk tag this year for the muzzy season and I am starting to panic just a little. I have been down a couple times and really like the country but haven't seen much for elk. I know they are there, and hopefully things have been ok for the archery guys with all this hot weather.I guess I am looking for anybody who knows the area and wants to give me some advice. I have 10 days off for the hunt including 2 days before it begins. I have been focusing on the east side of the unit, but have a feeling the west side holds elk as well. Also, are there any horse packers down that way if we get a bull down far from a road? Thanks for anything, Greg.

I know the area well. Been hunting it for over 25 years. I'd be curious to know where on the east side you are planning on going, and the west side can be tough hunting. I might be able to point you in a general direction.

Lasals is tough this year, I help on Redd Ranches and the elk numbers there have been down for a couple years. I dont know if colorado is killing the numbers or what the cause may be, but the east side numbers have fallen the last couple years.

23720img0915.jpg

Here is my bull I shot opening morning. Hunted for 6 more days trying to fill my buddies tag unsuccessfully. He passed several bulls during the week looking for a good one. We heard way more elk than we saw, chased lots of bugling. Thanks to those who gave me advice from here. I sure wish they gave you a whole week before the deer hunt started, things changed once everybody showed up. Apparently I'm the only person on the planet without a side by side...

Thanks for the follow up! Nice bull, and it was great to meet you guys out in the field.

"I'm just looking for justice, a bit of that tit for tat, and to do it with some style a classic sense of panache"

That's a fine looking bull, You got a good one.
Good deal.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom