La Sal Summer Bait Tag

Young12

Looking for any tips or suggestions. This is my first time hunting bear and made a trip down today. I have a bait station registered where a buddy killed a monster bear two years ago. Come to find out today there is still 2-3 feet of snow at that location. Not looking for somebody?s hunting hole just suggestions. I am new to bear hunting and would love to get one. I spent most the day looking in the north eastern portion. Thanks in advance!!

Look at the weather for the next 2 weeks. There is going to be a lot of snow melt by the time your hunt starts.

Come time to hunt that spot maybe taken best get it registered with F&G and start baiting it now.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I already have that bait site registered but cannot start baiting until opening morning. Just looking for any suggestions on where a good area is to register a second one just in case snow is still too deep.

See where the wind tells ya to go then move the next bait pile( 3/4 to 1 mile apart) so the wind will connect both stations.
That what I would try and do.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Looking for any tips or suggestions. This is my first time hunting bear and made a trip down today. I have a bait station registered where a buddy killed a monster bear two years ago. Come to find out today there is still 2-3 feet of snow at that location. Not looking for somebody?s hunting hole just suggestions. I am new to bear hunting and would love to get one. I spent most the day looking in the north eastern portion. Thanks in advance!!
How was your hunt? Any success?

5EBFF059-3275-45CA-9BEC-3B7DE31D6DA9.jpeg

3AD9A5DB-8183-4A52-B758-CFEC3E793092.jpeg

Best hunt of my career. 2018 bear. I’m not diverging any info as I have a buddy with a tag this year but I can’t imagine a better bear hunt in the world. 22”, 8’ cinnamon bear when he was green. Somewhere around 500 pounds with no fat.

Good luck,

Todd

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom