Lakes, Campgrounds & Picnic Areas Closed.

OCHO

Heads up don't waste a drive to find out everything is close that I have seen or been to. Attempted to go fishing, Santa Cruz Lake Closed. Flew up through LA to Jemez and all camping, picnic and lake close there as well. To my understanding some are open but not sure which. River had about 30 - 60 cars per pull off closed or not and people were going to picnic anyway. I’ve never seen soo many people outdoors in my life. Fishing sucked so many people but honestly I’m kind of glad to see so many people outdoors among all this depressing time. The mountains looked trashed at all spots maybe because no maintaining and all bathrooms closed as well.

So before you plan a trip double check. Maybe I missed on what’s what. Just heads up.

A few state parks have opened for day use, but only a handful of lakes, and some not every day of the week.

Yes it's stupid and frustrating.

Check this link before you go;

Absolutely!!! More and more people are getting tired of treated like cattle!

and for the record I don’t think people wearing a t shirt sleeve, half a bra or a mask that hangs on their rear view mirror promotes any less transmission of anything. You may get a case of cotton mouth and or the feeling of the first day your climb hill on your elk hunt aNd realize you are not in the shape you thought and you can’t breef.

I was in Southern CO the other day. Difference of day and night. Walked into a store after topping off and you could buy a fountain drink with the feeling like everything was normal. Nobody wearing a face condom.

TX doesn't have to wear them, CO, UT, and pretty sure AZ either. What the "governor" of NM is doing reminds me of a 22 year old, fresh out of college, and teaching their first middle school class. She has no experience, no clue, and zero leadership talent. The face condom mandate is demeaning and flat out embarrassing that NM is forced to wear one, even though it is a direct violation of the American Disabilities Act...

Best way to stop MLG is to take the state legislature away from her.

Ya I had to take a leave of absence from mm because we start talking about this communist and it starts to get me real upset she is not here for the people she is trying to make a name for herself and the left is destroying what a lot of people gave there lives for.

Even more adolescent to have an online contest to see who can post the most interesting or best mask design. Making a game out of a health "mandate"? That's something you do with a 5 year old so they'll eat their vegetables.

Again, clueless...

I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not completely sure how admin code is made/enforced, but the most recent Executive Order 2020-030, promulgated (uh, backdated) Friday 15 May 2020, and available here... Executive Order 2020-030 navigable from here https://cv.nmhealth.org/public-health-orders-and-executive-orders/ doesn't even mention face coverings.

The only thing I can find that "requires" face coverings are the media reports of what the governor said she was going to require. Wouldn't something like that have to be written down to be official? Or is saying something on facebook the new way to make law?

I know a lot of people who are moving out of state, and taking their jobs with them.

I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not completely sure how admin code is made/enforced, but the most recent Executive Order 2020-030, promulgated (uh, backdated) Friday 15 May 2020, and available here... Executive Order 2020-030 navigable from here https://cv.nmhealth.org/public-health-orders-and-executive-orders/ doesn't even mention face coverings.

The only thing I can find that "requires" face coverings are the media reports of what the governor said she was going to require. Wouldn't something like that have to be written down to be official? Or is saying something on facebook the new way to make law?

I know a lot of people who are moving out of state, and taking their jobs with them.

It's not in the Ex O, it's in the public health order dated May 15. Unfortunatley, the word "shall" is used.

I'd move to a free state today if I could...

So are the damn lakes open or not?!? They send an email telling you all about salmon fishing and cooking than advise you to stay home in the same email? This stuffs really starting to piss me off already.

can’t get clear answers on this stuff....

Heads up don't waste a drive to find out everything is close that I have seen or been to. Attempted to go fishing, Santa Cruz Lake Closed. Flew up through LA to Jemez and all camping, picnic and lake close there as well. To my understanding some are open but not sure which. River had about 30 - 60 cars per pull off closed or not and people were going to picnic anyway. I’ve never seen soo many people outdoors in my life. Fishing sucked so many people but honestly I’m kind of glad to see so many people outdoors among all this depressing time. The mountains looked trashed at all spots maybe because no maintaining and all bathrooms closed as well.

So before you plan a trip double check. Maybe I missed on what’s what. Just heads up.
That Jemez traffic is what I had during the turkey hunt, crazy how so many people were right where I wanted to be ...Its crazy....With this weekend coming its only going to get worse, I sure wished decisions to open up all the parks would move forward..... Alot safer at the lake shore than it is in a Walmart or Home Depot...

Gov has 30 day emergency executive order Powers. After that they have have both senate and house legislation approval going forward.
this is insane.

Gov has 30 day emergency executive order Powers. After that they have have both senate and house legislation approval going forward.
this is insane.

That's the inherent problem. The senate and house are in one hip pocket, the AG is in the other. Chief of police for NM is in her back pocket.

End the corruption, get rid of MLG by first taking away at least one member of the state legislature away, and then kicking her dumb [self] out of office in 2022

?

49995.jpeg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom